80 series lockers

olielux
Bush Crasher

80 series lockers

Postby olielux » Tue May 19, 2015 7:03 pm

Sold the my Double cab 80 Landcruiser and now Ive found a new 80 that has factory diff locks but the are having engaging issues due to a few things including the Sensor(?) on the side of the transfer case.

Now what Im am wanting to know and considering doing is if anyone has ripped out the factory wiring and completely rewired the locks to work independently on rocker switches so that the can work like and aftermarket locker setup where I don't have to worry about putting it in low range and can put the front in by itself ect

If anyone has done this and has some diagrams or just has some advice that would be great otherwise ill just get the multimeter out and hopefully finish up with what im wanting

Thanks in advance and will probably start a build thread if I get this as I have a big list of plans including a single cab conversion :D

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Re: 80 series lockers

Postby mudlva » Tue May 19, 2015 8:19 pm

had a mate a few years back look into this. He worked out that low range feed the lockers switch. He never got to altering the lume before he retired the wagon.

Something to think of whilst playing with the lume is to be able to engage front seperate to back.
I know fron running my arbs to have the ability to use front only was good on walls and and areas where having the rear locked will slide the tail downwards. As in steep sidlings etc or transversing steep hills etc

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Tue May 19, 2015 10:29 pm

80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

olielux
Bush Crasher

Postby olielux » Wed May 20, 2015 4:03 pm

cheers mate gives a lot of information

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Wed May 20, 2015 6:33 pm

The diff lockers are controlled by a little black box in the l/h kick panel and dont work until the centre is locked in. It is easy enough to make a controller for each diff lock out with 3 relays and switch them when ever you want.

Return to “Drivetrain / Suspension”