80 series lowering advice!

rollingrufus
Driver/Navigator

80 series lowering advice!

Postby rollingrufus » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Gidday guys,
I've just bought my dream wagon after years of looking, an 80 series landcruiser. Love it so far.
Anyway, it was from a dealer out of Japan, pretty good nic, with a few mods for driving around Tokyo!!
It has had a 4 or 6 inch lift (not sure how to tell??) which is cool but for me not entirely necessary. It has an adjustable panhard rod and castor correction bushes.
I would like to drop it down to a 2 inch lift, because as it is it is massive. Overkill for me and the family. The missus can only just climb into the thing, and I am by no means a serious off-roader.
If I put a 2 inch lift kit in it what else would I have to adjust??
Cheers in advance!!

derk
Hard Yaka

Re: 80 series lowering advice!

Postby derk » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:30 pm

you'll probably find guys will be climbing over the top of each other to swap their standard height or 50mm lift suspension for your lifted springs/shocks, adjustable panhard etc with a few beers or cash your way :D so it might be worth considering that option before you throw a grand or two at new suspension, the only thing that isn't worth trying to press out is the caster correction bushes but you could always swap radius arms as well if they have good bushes in theirs. If you have a lvvta plate with the suspension height you may have to put it back through the system to get that amended

rollingrufus
Driver/Navigator

Postby rollingrufus » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:52 am

Haha yeah no doubt! Yeah like I say it's a sweet set up but just a bit over kill for me. Don't get me wrong I spend a lot of time in the bush hunting, and on the beach etc. but not enough to warrant needing such an aggressive lift. She'll definately get used for what it was built for, by for me it will be a bit more user friendly if it wasn't 8 foot off the deck!!
Thanks for the reply mate and yeah not a bad idea. For someone wanting a bigger lift might be a good swap. Definately don't want it to be stock, but a 2 inch lift for me is heaps.
Cheers again mate!

rollingrufus
Driver/Navigator

Postby rollingrufus » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:17 am

Its all tough dog shocks and springs. Does anyone know if the castor correction bushes are the same degrees for a 4 inch lift compared to a 2 inch? I'm assuming not. Is an adjustable panhard normally used for a 2 inch lift?
Cheers guys.

Lchundy
Hard Yaka

Postby Lchundy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Should be enough adjustment in the panhard for 2 inch lift
With 2 inch lift you should be able to use standard caster bushes,genuine toyota ones are the best.

Return to “Drivetrain / Suspension”