Toyota 2L motor with turbo fitted for sale

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Toyota 2L motor with turbo fitted for sale

Postby Smurf » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:44 am

Motor has had new rings and bearings fitted January03, also has 2lt turbo fitted, reconditioned injectors, just had new glow plugs fitted last week. Has a spare sump, depending on motor use( iFS surf or Live axle) Still in vehicle, can be test driven. Available Late January if anyone interested

Bodge
Hard Yaka

Postby Bodge » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:19 pm

So are you telling me you have a P76 in there now? Or did you go for something else?

Come on - spill it....

PICS!
The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.http://home.off-road.com/~bodgerover/

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:53 pm

No not yet Bodge, gotta get rid of the old to make room for the new. The P76 is still sitting at the freight yard in Blenheim waiting for me to find time to go pick it up. This is gonna be a slow process. Need to get a Solid axle fitted before the motor goes in, P76 sump won't clear all the IFS set-up. Got the diff, got the springs just aint got the time.. yet. Nothing will be happening til after Xmas, We are planning a week trip through Blenheim/Kaikoura area over New Years. So need the Surf alive for a few more weeks yet.
Can I interest you in a good used Toy diesel ???
Already had a few offers to buy the P76 off me, one chap wants to repower a jet boat (what a waste of a nice motor) Had the chance to make a few pennies on the deal, but I kinda like the idea of the 8 in the Surf. Can't afford the Lexus motor unless I sell the Surf to raise the cash(Don't think So)
Playing with the P76 will (hopefully) help get me keen to fix up the Rover 8 that is sitting in my Jeep. Have been planning to rip that out in favour of a 4.1 Falcon motor and auto, but the 8 just sounds too nice(when it runs)

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:33 am

Saw a few of those Lexus motors at the winch challenge, very nice! Heard you can pick them up in auckland for 1000 plus 500-800 for the adaptor plate. 8O

Mike

Bodge
Hard Yaka

Postby Bodge » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:00 am

You would be doing well at $1000 the one that Darren got was $2000 with the computer and loom no adaptor... And he is the king of sharp deals...
The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.http://home.off-road.com/~bodgerover/

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:24 pm

Just heard it in passing so it is prob unrealistic. But aside from the money they sounded dam fine! But I think the lower pitched noise of the Rangie 8's sounded better :D

Mike

Bodge
Hard Yaka

Postby Bodge » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:19 am

Might sound better but...

Rover 3.5/3.9 = 122/134 KW

Just doesn't compare to

Lexus = 197 - 240 KW :!:

I can put up with a little higher pitched noise for those KW's.... :wink:

lowbox
Bush Crasher

Postby lowbox » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:09 am

knackered old P76 = 2.40 Kw ???

Bodge
Hard Yaka

Postby Bodge » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:20 pm

lowbox wrote:knackered old P76 = 2.40 Kw ???

ooo0000oooo

Somebody has a few size insecurities.... :lol: Didn't think that little dig about the tiny 3.5 would hit home quite so hard CT....

I know its hard only having a quarter pounder when the old bodge has a Big Mac :mrgreen:

lowbox
Bush Crasher

Postby lowbox » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:10 am

look on the bright side, if that P76 ever runs on 8 cylinders power would quadruple!
:mrgreen:

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Wed May 26, 2004 4:30 pm

I believe the Lexus V8 motor / loom / computer combos were being sold for around $1200 by the local Toyota franchise in Dunedin a while back - can't remember the name of them tho - Gardiner Motors? something like that.

I also think they had some with autos on they were selling for the same price! I never checked it out, the Toymota 5MG Supra motor in mine is fine for the moment... <B>$600 for the whole car!</B>, and about the only thing I needed to buy extra was welding wire :)

Steve

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Sat May 29, 2004 7:11 am

Heres a bit I found out the hard way... :evil: That wonderfull lexus option is great if you use the original trans with it .... if you don't then it gets real expensive!
The standard conputer don't like to run with out the trans, (heard it has been done, way beyond my skill and none of the local sparky's want too have a go!), now here's the kicker, for somewhere from 1 1/2 - 2 times what I spent on the motor I can get an aftermarket comp... better yes but.

Next time I'll be doing a bit more homework! :lol:

Oh and if anyone knows a cheap source of Link computers :) I want to know

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

dctecho
Driver/Navigator

Postby dctecho » Sat May 29, 2004 7:59 pm

hi Reece

Im an auto sparky in west auckland, I enjoy taking on projects like that,unfortunitly Im a long way from the hawkes bay but keep it in in mind Im always keen to help with efi problems.
I have worked with a few links after market set ups,great system but pricey as you probably know.
There is a new alternative that I have been researching recently the system is called MEGASQUIRT it is a fuel injection computer you build and program yourself,when I first discoverd the web site my first Impression was that it is way too complicated even for me and I have an electrical/electronics background, But after following a few different yahoo forums with postings from alot of people with good sucess storys I looked further,Also Ive now discoverd that you can buy the computers already pre assembled on Ebay.Its worth checking out,Ive enclosed a link to the megasQuirt site and the site of a local lad who has one running in a drift race car.

As yet I dont have a need to build one,Ive tried talking a mate into buying one to fit on his toyota powerd suzuki but he doesn't want to be my first ginea pig.
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
http://www.garagedori.com/tech/megasquirt.php

cheers for now
Scotty

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Sun May 30, 2004 10:07 am

Thanks for that Scotty, there's some very interesting reading in those links, and alot of stuff thats way over my head :? think this ones going to be a steep learning curve, but at $300 for a tuneable comp! :D

From what I've read I think I'll have to jump in the deep end and do the whole 9 yards as I gave away the original comp (along with the torque converter and box)... any good books, websites you'd recomend for someone learning electronics :lol:

Oh and Scotty if your keen too help when I'm stuck, how dose free accomadation, meals, refreshments & exclusive 4WD'n (see off topic post) sound ???

Oh and Smurf I could be keen on the motor, just depends on when the moter in my work ute dies

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

pinky
Hard Yaka

Postby pinky » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:22 pm

hello any one know if there are any supras in or around timaru . also i have a good 2lt crank + turbo + crack tested head for sale = offers if any

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:49 pm

is the turbo in good condition?, no oil leaks, no shaft play? how much you wanting for it?

pinky
Hard Yaka

Postby pinky » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:14 pm

hi no oil leaks some play but will put a dialguage on it ond get back to you also do you know where i could get hold of a supra in timaru or chch also i am thinking about doing a SAS aswell so if you know any body selling a axle please let me know and any and all info on putting a sas axle in a ifs surf would be a big help . thanks

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:52 pm

How is that turbo looking?. Still keen

pinky
Hard Yaka

Postby pinky » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:43 pm

yep make me an offer and it yours :roll:

Crankshaft
Winch master

Postby Crankshaft » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:11 am

Presumably, based on the age of this thread, that engine is long gone. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. Do you still have it?

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:20 pm

Return to “4WD Parts”