Toyota Soarer Manual Wanted

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Toyota Soarer Manual Wanted

Postby De-Ranged » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:03 am

I need the Engine Manual for the V8 Soarer and a wireing diagram or any info on the lexus V8's

Hell I'll even pay for a photo-copy

Cheers Reece

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:24 am

Thank You for that :D
I've had the motor sitting there for almost a year now, while I've been trying to find the info I need
My shout next time I'm down your way

Cheers Reece

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:03 am

:) Yea, I got the motor for one of my other projects... a CF bedford van, but thats still a long way off and the rovers lack of power is really getting to me
Now that I've got the wiring diagrams I can build a new loom for it and get all the extra bits together like computer, engine mounts adapter plate etc
And fingers crossed I'll be heading down to Invercargill for part of the christmas break hmmm pretty tight deadline for an engine swap only 8 months :lol:

Cheers Reece

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:24 pm

The problem isn't doing that one job... it's just that I keep finding other things to do while I'm at it :?

Take the rear axle I'm working on at the moment, I blew the diff... here's how its gone so far, sourced a new second hand diff head, droped it off for a diff locker (new bearings seals etc) installed, so I decided to pull the rear axle to clean the busted bits out, discovered some problems with the suspension, now making some wedges to change top shock mount angle, got a chance to read the latest on Project Re-A-Range. hmmm axles need some reinforcing, so I order some tube to do (hasn't arrived yet)
So I start thinking if well if I'm reinforcing that why don't I .....
Plated the diff cover with 4mm steel
Reinforced the out side of transition from axle to pumpkin
New Disc's for the brakes
New Bearings and seals
The brake lines didn't look to flash.. a bit flatened so I'm in the process of building up some new ones and routing them up directly behind the "A" arm, oh and just so this dosn't happen again gaurding them along the axle :lol:
And yes I do have a problem :oops: I just can't help my self
8 months will be an achievment! :lol:

Cheers Reece

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:01 pm

Hi De-Ranged
although I havnt fitted a Toyota v8 to a Range Rover I have fitted several to toyota hiluxs.
First. not all Toyota v8 s are the same the most noteable difference is the water pump the engine mounts, exhast manifolds and sump.All the bell housings bolt up the same. Most engines appear to be from Toyota Celcea(?)
These motors are not noted for their torque, but they will rev all day long which makes them more suited to a light weight vehicle. Sure there are ways to add toque but this in turn increases the harmonics in the crankshaft, they have 4 bolt mains plus cross bolts.Late model Landcrisers are optioned with a 4.5 L motor.
The auto bell housing is easliy altered to fit a Toyota manual gearbox.A Link computor is the easier way to sort out the ignition but shop around for the best price to fit it as the locals have increasesd from $1800 to $3000. I hope some of this has been of assistance.
cheers DJ
see I can be serious but I'll try not 2 let it happen 2 many times I cant belive it I'm helping a R/rover

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:07 am

Thanks for that DJ if its any consolation the reason I've named it "De-Ranged" isn't becouse it's sick or extreme (maybee a bit overengineered) but becouse it is getting dee Ranged, I'm removing the old rover engine, gearbox etc

And yes it is a 1UZ lexus 4L :P I got it off Shane Penn and you want to see what he is doing to his other one!
His test block has had 5mm plained off the top!, The ports on the head have all been welded and reground, straighter line in and a hell of a lot larger & and last time I was there he was looking at boring it out or resleaving it out to over 5L!

As for the Link Comp yes that will happen I just had one little problem the wirering loom ended (cut) 10cm from the motor and the local Lexus mechanic could only guess at what the motor came from (toyota V8 soarer) and I wanted to keep the EFI (Shanes ditched his for a carb)

:D Well I got a rain off today so I'm off to the shed to do some more De-Range'ing

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

Return to “4WD Parts”