Wanted a set of Rover Rear brakes

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Wanted a set of Rover Rear brakes

Postby De-Ranged » Mon May 03, 2004 10:57 am

I want to put an extra set of callipurs on, for use as fiddle brakes, anybody got a set on there spare parts wagon they want to part with for a non ABS Range Rover classic

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Mon May 03, 2004 11:48 am

Hi Reece

Will check with the other owner of one of my wagons tonight about the callipers......

On the note of fiddle brakes, have you been throught the legal crap of having fiddle brakes on a road vehicle. I know a couple of years ago the guys from the 4wd Association were trying to get it "legalised" through LTSA because at the time it wasnt legal. I never heard how they got on...
Some people have fitted them and take the handles off when they go for a warrent but I cant see this being overly popular with insurance companies. Would having a second set of callipers negate the need for certifying therefore not an issue with insurance companies??

cheers
Rex

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Mon May 03, 2004 7:06 pm

:wink: had a chat with the friendly local certifiyer....
"becouse I'm not compramising or modifiying the current braking system in anyway..." all I'll need is a low level cert, a visual inspection of my welds
I will be putting in an isolator switch with a warning light, just for piece of mind when onroad
As for insurrance :roll: this is a work wagon and this is just a modification for work, no increase (but since it is a work wagon, they've allready got there pound of flesh)

Looking forward to hearing you've got some spare

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Mon May 03, 2004 8:33 pm

Righteo Reece :D . I would need to check the condition of them on the rangie that Im splitting up (the other rangie I want to keep fairly complete for a future project).
Wouldnt have them off till the weekend (dark by the time I get home - its down the back of the section). Im heading down your way to do a coast to coast tour later this month so if you are keen on them I can drop there near you or too Scott whom Im heading away with.
PM me off forum for more details etc......

cheers
Rex

ps Anyone who maybe following this thread, Ive plenty of Rangie parts if you are needing any.........

Return to “4WD Parts”