Supra Engine

graeme_kern

Postby graeme_kern » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:48 pm

Do you still have the engine?? I am in Auckland so would it be possible to freight it up here??
Cheers
Graeme

baby-lux

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:57 pm

hey supra. keep the engine and buy my hilux 2wd and dunp the enigne in there . make for one hell of a fun toy. can deliver it for 1700

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:14 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... *cough!* Ahem!

What?

Based on that, maybe we should ban guests :)

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:29 pm

hey supra. keep the engine and buy my hilux 2wd and dunp the enigne in there . make for one hell of a fun toy. can deliver it for 1700

hey leave him alone!!! there is one in every village :P :P :P :lol: :lol:

cruiser_beast
Hard Yaka

supra

Postby cruiser_beast » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:25 pm

hey people, suprasurf and other su[ra fans:) im starting to become intrigued with all the supra conversions going on and talk of supra engines, lol. Can ya tell me, whats the engine you transplant guys go for in the supra range??i dont know nething bout supras really. Rich kid at school had one, i know that, lol, do they have the 2.8 turbo in them???so how do they go for power offroad then???do use them in ur rock crawling set ups???so you dont go 4 a diesel when going 4 a rock crawler??? guess you can sort your ratios and all that to get the petrol powered car ticking slower cant ya, i saw the 3 stick transfer case on here wasnt it?anyway im kinda rambling on a bit now,

A very amateur sounding...Sam

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:55 am

SupraLux
Driver/Navigator

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:14 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... *cough!* Ahem!

What?

Based on that, maybe we should ban guests

Don't be too mean Steve, I reckon that a 2wd Hilux with a 3ltr turbo conversion would make a fun little work hack, do good donuts and you could put a set of mud grips on it to help get it of the front lawn in the morning. (missis might not like it though :D )

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:21 pm

Me? being mean? lol... noooo... not me...

Hey Sam - the motor is the 5MG-EU. Have a look at 4wd.net.nz (SupraSurf's site) for a blow-by-blow account of his conversion. Its the 2.8 stright-6 from an MA61 Supra (Mark 2 model). You find one with a 5-speed in it (can you say rocking horse poos?) and use the Supra bellhousing clutch flywheel etc between the hilux box and the supra motor. They bolt almost straight onto diesel engine mounts but miss the petrol mounts by about 80mm.

I would definitely start with a diesel hilux if you were goingto do this, because you need a few diesel bits - like the starter loom, clutch slave cyl and hose and a few other bits I can't remember about. Mine was petrol, but I had a diesel wreck to pull parts from.

Even if you do have a diesel you might be better off making new engine mounts otherwise the engine sits a bit high in the bay - have a look at mikes, they are easy to make and strong as hell when gussetted.

I'd also recommend you find a bellhousing / flywheel BEFORE starting - the rest of the cenversion parts are easy to get - those bits are the rare ones. Once again, ask Mike - he's in the process of coming up with a cunning plan for those bits...

Having said that - you could just go for an auto setup and avoid the problem of finding those bits.

Feel free to ask any questions - where abouts are ya? There are heaps in Chch you could look at

regards

Steve

pinky
Hard Yaka

Postby pinky » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:53 pm

hi all .doing the supra engine is the easy part but i have found that i am having trouble with the SAS .So i cut out all the IFS and thought this is going very well but i think where i went wrong was i fitted a 50mm box section under the front x-member and then fitted my spring hangers to this and ended up with surf being about 1200 high from the ground to the wheel arch so my question is this am i on the right track or am i starting to go bush . any info would be a big help .

Return to “4WD Parts”