fs air compressor and tig welder in waikato

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

fs air compressor and tig welder in waikato

Postby flyingbrick » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:33 pm

This new theme has freaked me out.

Its a Chinese welder with HF start. It has nice light leads and a nice torch. Its in very good condition.

It comes with a new regulator and LPM gauge that's been used once.

This welder welds beautifully and is feet easy to use. Basically fool proof. Its had little use really but was in the back of my car one day when a site welder failed. Myself and some fitters had to use it for a repair and they couldn't stop raving about how nice it welds.

The gas nozzle is brilliant too and diffuses the gas well. Very noticeable when doing stainless.

I think its 150a but will confirm.

[url="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/flyingbrick_2006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140822_184359.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

[url="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/flyingbrick_2006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140822_184340.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

I bought the compressor off Trademe in a pretty sorry state (mostly because I wanted a quick project)

I have done the following.
-new 3hp motor
-New head gaskets made from super high pressure/ high temp industrial Teflon gasket stuff (should last much longer than the stock paper gaskets)
-Bores inspected and they are like new
-All reeds and "seats" inspected and cleaned thoroughly.
-one way valve thoroughly stripped and cleaned then spring replaced with new.
-Whole thing cleaned and sprayed black plus can included for any spots I missed/ damage. Oh and a sweet warning sticker.
-New V belt.

There are two unfinished bits not important to the machines operation. It needs new tires/wheels as these are flat (I should try pumping them up but doubt they will hold air) AND the motor has no terminal box cover- these motors are common as on tm so should be easy to find one.

This is pretty much the biggest air compressor you can use on normal single phase electrical outlets. My sparky friends think it should be used on an upgraded socket (15a i think) but Iv used it on my normal ones in a fairly new shed with no issues. Just take care till you trust that your wiring and sockets are up to the task.

[url="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/flyingbrick_2006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140823_194444.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

I will deliver within Hamilton.. Or pickup is fine. I will not freight.

400 each
phone Ross Bolus (secretary of the BOP club) He'll save you.

Pat D
Driver/Navigator

Re: fs air compressor and tig welder in waikato

Postby Pat D » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Is the compressor still available..?

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Re: fs air compressor and tig welder in waikato

Postby flyingbrick » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:15 pm

No sorry
phone Ross Bolus (secretary of the BOP club) He'll save you.

Return to “4WD Parts”