wanted safari stub axles

workin on it
Driver/Navigator

wanted safari stub axles

Postby workin on it » Thu May 21, 2015 7:04 am

hi im looking for a set of stub axles for a safari front diff they seem to be quite hard to find. the threads on the end must be in good nic.
I can get genuine ones from Nissan but they're $550 a side am hoping to not have to spend that much haha.
any help would be great . cheers

nismo26
Hard Yaka

Re: wanted safari stub axles

Postby nismo26 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Can get aftermarket ones cheaper off ebay.com.au

Terry
Hard Yaka

Postby Terry » Thu May 21, 2015 12:30 pm

I need to start parting out the GQ Patrol that's been on the front lawn for 2 years :( - it has a full gussetted diff (with original slight bend from teh welding heat, Doh) with LSD in it. Was going to try and sell as a complete unit but I'm slack as, so I guess I could start by parting it out. What would the stubs be worth to you? I know I had to get oen from a wrecker a while back, but no idea what it wound up costing...

workin on it
Driver/Navigator

Postby workin on it » Fri May 22, 2015 6:34 am

hi thanks for your help. had a look on ebay and could only find GU patrol ones im after the GQ set. I think my local wrecker has tracked some down for me will have to wait and see what condition are they in.
terry ill get back to ya on that if the ones from the wrecker are no good ill be in touch. how much do u want for the rear diff from your safari? as I may be interested in that also

Terry
Hard Yaka

Postby Terry » Fri May 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Hiya,

I was thinking $350 hub to hub, but could negotiate...

also has superior engineering adjustable Chromolloy front and rear panhards, rear lower links, steering draglink...
tired OME 2" spring and shock lift, 2" body lift by replacement taller polyurethane bodymounts, full electric fan setup, lpg conversion....
Gotta make a list of the goodies - be a good project for the weekend I guess.

cheers,
Terry

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Fri May 22, 2015 3:06 pm

We cut the swivel ends off Nissan front diffs and throw them away at work (put Toyota swivels on!) I'll see what I can find and what the boss wants for them...
It's just more fun in a lada !!

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Fri May 22, 2015 3:26 pm

rotordogg wrote:We cut the swivel ends off Nissan front diffs and throw them away at work (put Toyota swivels on!) I'll see what I can find and what the boss wants for them...

Why??
Would it not be easier to mod a l.c. diff instead

Checkerhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Checkerhead » Sat May 23, 2015 12:20 pm

mudlva wrote:
rotordogg wrote:We cut the swivel ends off Nissan front diffs and throw them away at work (put Toyota swivels on!) I'll see what I can find and what the boss wants for them...

Why??

They do it in Oz a bit to get the big 80 series cvs (that you can get longsfields for) combined with the bigger stronger high pinion Nissan diff.

Not sure if that has changed at all now that Nissan cromo cv's are more readily available, but I believe the 80 series unit is still bigger.
Supercharged VH45 Surf safari winch truck in the making
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33527&hilit=checker%2A

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Sat May 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Checkerhead wrote:
mudlva wrote:

Why??

They do it in Oz a bit to get the big 80 series cvs (that you can get longsfields for) combined with the bigger stronger high pinion Nissan diff.

Not sure if that has changed at all now that Nissan cromo cv's are more readily available, but I believe the 80 series unit is still bigger.

fair enough :D
best of both worlds 8)

cheers

workin on it
Driver/Navigator

Postby workin on it » Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 am

Checkerhead wrote:
mudlva wrote:
<br abp="298"><br abp="299">Why??<br abp="300">Would it not be easier to mod a l.c. diff instead
<br abp="301"><br abp="302">They do it in Oz a bit to get the big 80 series cvs (that you can get longsfields for) combined with the bigger stronger high pinion Nissan diff.<br abp="303"><br abp="304">Not sure if that has changed at all now that Nissan cromo cv's are more readily available, but I believe the 80 series unit is still bigger.

why not use y61 internals or complete unit they are bigger and stronger than y60?

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Sun May 24, 2015 9:01 am

^^^^^
they have been doing the toyo swap to get longfield chromolys into the housings but there's more than one way to skin a cat to get longfield stuff in there and you can buy off the shelf chromoloy stuff for safaris now anyway :D

workin on it
Driver/Navigator

Postby workin on it » Fri May 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Terry wrote:Hiya,

I was thinking $350 hub to hub, but could negotiate...

also has superior engineering adjustable Chromolloy front and rear panhards, rear lower links, steering draglink...
tired OME 2" spring and shock lift, 2" body lift by replacement taller polyurethane bodymounts, full electric fan setup, lpg conversion....
Gotta make a list of the goodies - be a good project for the weekend I guess.

cheers,
Terry

have pm'd you about parts

Terry
Hard Yaka

Postby Terry » Fri May 29, 2015 6:24 pm

wierd - can't see any PMs (including old ones...)

workin on it
Driver/Navigator

Postby workin on it » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm

ill try again haha

Return to “4WD Parts”