Wanted -- Garrett Turbo or Hitachi replacement

Conan
Hard Yaka

Wanted -- Garrett Turbo or Hitachi replacement

Postby Conan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 am

Hey Guys,

Wanting to rebuild or replace the existing hitachi turbo on my QD32...
Anyone wrecking a ZD30 Mistral and wanting to part with their Garrett Turbo? Looking for a Garrett, Mint HItachi or any suitable bolt on in any flavour if the price is right...

After an intercooler in the long game too if there's one taking up someones shed space etc :)

Cheers!

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Wanted -- Garrett Turbo or Hitachi replacement

Postby Crash bandicoot » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:58 am

Mistral is a td27 only, the pre96 models run a Hitachi wet float bearing and are more prone to failure and don't like being pushed past 14psi as the exhaust wheel has a habit of snapping off. The turbo charger you want is from a qd32 Nissan terrano or black top eti mistral post 97 as these are a garrett steel wheeled ball bearing cartridge and spool quicker and can handle upwards of 25-28 psi constantly.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am

Crash are you sure these turbo's are ball bearing turbo's ? Do not anything about them but they look like a plain bearing type of turbo to me . It would be the turbo of choice for a project I have but looking for a ball bearing turbo , I came across these a while back but dismissed them at the time .

Cheers
Chris

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Yes, Nissan used Hitachi or garrett, you will find the garrett more on the black top eti top mount intercooled mistral, my father in laws 98 r3m facelifted terrano with the qd32 eti also has a garrett as apposed to the Hitachi and goes like the clappers

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 am

what flange do td27 run? t25? t3? something different?

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 am

Crash bandicoot wrote:Yes, Nissan used Hitachi or garrett, you will find the garrett more on the black top eti top mount intercooled mistral, my father in laws 98 r3m facelifted terrano with the qd32 eti also has a garrett as apposed to the Hitachi and goes like the clappers

Cheers
All the info I can find on the net is its a gt2052 which is a plain bearing torbo , the smallest garrett ball bearing turbo I can find reference to is a GT2554R . I think this will be a little big for what I want . Oh well .

Chris

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:38 pm

you can get the gt2052 with BB as apposed to journal, but it still isnt the right turbo for the R50 as the outlet from the compressor housing is wrong, the one you want is a T28 from a S14 or S15 silvia

in saying that the T28 has been superseded by the T25R which has twin BB's as apposed to single BB cartridge

Return to “4WD Parts”