***BUS WANTED***

fullthrottle
Shuttle Queen

***BUS WANTED***

Postby fullthrottle » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:59 pm

***WANTED***
Family is growing and still wants to wheel with me...damit, So I'm in the market for a bus (Cruiser or Safari/Patrol) Happy to work off a base and to do some work to it, to get it where it needs to be. Basic requirements at this stage - Diesel, Can Tow, Fits 5 people in a 3 point seat belt (so maybe the 7 seaters)
Thanks Ants 021 989093

wjw
Hard Yaka

Re: ***BUS WANTED***

Postby wjw » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:00 am

When I was looking for an 80 series, there don't seem to be any that have triple diff lock and 3 rows of seats, cheapest way to get both was to buy a triple diff lock and have a 3rd row installed after. 3K for lockers, $2K for seats
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

fullthrottle
Shuttle Queen

Postby fullthrottle » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:56 am

wjw wrote:When I was looking for an 80 series, there don't seem to be any that have triple diff lock and 3 rows of seats, cheapest way to get both was to buy a triple diff lock and have a 3rd row installed after. 3K for lockers, $2K for seats

Yeah that was another option I was considering. To open up my options more, I was even thinking of updating a 5 seater with a cert'd 3 point belt for the rear center.

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:14 am

fullthrottle wrote:
wjw wrote:When I was looking for an 80 series, there don't seem to be any that have triple diff lock and 3 rows of seats, cheapest way to get both was to buy a triple diff lock and have a 3rd row installed after. 3K for lockers, $2K for seats

Yeah that was another option I was considering. To open up my options more, I was even thinking of updating a 5 seater with a cert'd 3 point belt for the rear center.

With the school run, I've ended up taking the passenger side rear seat out, so two boys in the third row, one in the middle and one in the front,. Makes access much easier and stops mud on seats from them climbing over :-)

I'd be interested to know how you get on with the centre one. Didn't think of that at the time.
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

fullthrottle
Shuttle Queen

Postby fullthrottle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Solved my problem.
Picked up a 5 seat VX Cruizer. Since the kids are still fairly young I'm going to use the 5 point harness option for the middle position. Once they get over 35kg I'll install the 3rd row.
Adding a 3 point belt to the center just isn't viable.

Just Cruisers down south sell the 3 seat row kit for about $1200 and the certifier said it isn't a big issue in certifying this after market addition.

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Big end bearings been done?
Check around Steering box for cracks
Check under battery for winter preheater thingy which has been causing fires
Edit: don't reverse snatch due to high pinion front diff issues
Anything else I've missed?
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

Return to “4WD's Forsale / Wanted”