Is this a good buy???

brianr70
Hard Yaka

Is this a good buy???

Postby brianr70 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:54 pm

I travelled the road less travelled now where the heck am I!!!

J_Dub
Hard Yaka

Re: Is this a good buy???

Postby J_Dub » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Personal opinion really.
You could say its no different to a vehicle that's only 1 year old.
I would struggle to hand over $15,000 for it

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Seen a couple lwb safaris that were as tidy for the same money and in NZ over the last 6 months. I'm unsure how legit the k's are on that surf but the normal wear areas in the cab look pretty new...Still could never really be sure without more info.
Person looks to be an individual importing so I'd be careful. Odo could be wound back or other hidden stuff. I'm not sure about the newer rules as my current truck came in just before the rule change but I'd have thought it might be difficult to get that truck on the road with emissions requirements and other associated changes. Someone who actually knows about this might tell ya what the go is.

mumbls
Hard Yaka

Postby mumbls » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:46 pm

even if genuine 28000km, wouldnt pay $8,000 for it. those odo's are pretty easy to click around, but $8000 might be what the seller is hoping for?

"tell 'im he's dreaming"

but if you throw in personal reasons / non logic etc - might be worth it to someone
drinking hatorgade

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:16 am

Swamped wrote:Seen a couple lwb safaris that were as tidy for the same money and in NZ over the last 6 months. I'm unsure how legit the k's are on that surf but the normal wear areas in the cab look pretty new...Still could never really be sure without more info.
Person looks to be an individual importing so I'd be careful. Odo could be wound back or other hidden stuff. I'm not sure about the newer rules as my current truck came in just before the rule change but I'd have thought it might be difficult to get that truck on the road with emissions requirements and other associated changes. Someone who actually knows about this might tell ya what the go is.

Its a 1995 so it falls under the 20 year rule. No restrictions whatsoever.

I don't see the connection/assumption between an individual importing it and the speedo being wound back. The guy is a licensed trader, trading under his own legal name. That's 100% accountability.

You see vehicles like that at auctions here all the time. In fact the building in that auction yard looks familiar.

That thing is a collectors item with such low mileage.
TOYOTA - The Official Vehicle of ISIS!
And makers of the '92 Camry, where you got your first backseat handjob.

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:27 am

Perhaps a collectors piece, but if you wanted a 4wd you could get a lot better wagon for that amount of money.

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:56 am

lax2wlg wrote:I don't see the connection/assumption between an individual importing it and the speedo being wound back. The guy is a licensed trader, trading under his own legal name. That's 100% accountability.

I imagine this is may be due to having not imported your own vehicles. There have been a ton of people I have encountered that bring vehicles in, all legitimately I'll add that have been messed with to allow them to demand a premium over here. There was a "licensed trader" in particular in Hamilton importing safaris that were damaged and they just loaded bog all over the panels and sprayed em then sold em . Speedos were wound back before import. Know of a few people stung by that particular individual.

All I said was be careful :wink:

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:18 am

Swamped wrote:
lax2wlg wrote:I don't see the connection/assumption between an individual importing it and the speedo being wound back. The guy is a licensed trader, trading under his own legal name. That's 100% accountability.

I imagine this is may be due to having not imported your own vehicles. There have been a ton of people I have encountered that bring vehicles in, all legitimately I'll add that have been messed with to allow them to demand a premium over here. There was a "licensed trader" in particular in Hamilton importing safaris that were damaged and they just loaded bog all over the panels and sprayed em then sold em . Speedos were wound back before import. Know of a few people stung by that particular individual.

All I said was be careful :wink:

I see what you are saying regarding ethics and agree completely.

That is why as buyers, we personally inspect & test every vehicle before purchasing/bidding on it at auction over here, and then shipping back to NZ to supply to dealers/individuals. This allows for complete transparency and forces the buyer to be accountable for his actions.

Buying sight unseen/over the internet has massive inherent dangers. The whole Japanese society is based on honesty but certain industries attract bad eggs. Most of the time it is actually initiated by the overseas buyer - I have heard some horror stories about NZ dealers and Japanese buyers having incentivised agreements to wind back speedos and other such illegal activities.
TOYOTA - The Official Vehicle of ISIS!
And makers of the '92 Camry, where you got your first backseat handjob.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:49 pm

There is a fully spec'd VX landcruiser 24 valve factory locker blah blah etc etc on TM today for 18k. take that over a surf anyday if that was the price.

every diesel i look at these days i assume the odometer has been tampered to some degree. mines been wound back 3 times before i got it.

But for a 2k repo/turners truck that was retailing for around 13-14 at the time i wasn't to concerned
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Return to “4WD's Forsale / Wanted”