FS: 99 Terrano for Fixup or parts

3VILC
Hard Yaka

FS: 99 Terrano for Fixup or parts

Postby 3VILC » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Anyone have any interest in my 99 facelift Terrano? Got my car back from my ex wife, and just dont have the time to sort this truck out, its not getting used, and need it gone as moving soon.
99 facelift shape Terrano Auto, converted to QD32ETI. 283ish ks on chassis, 190 on engine. Would be around $6k in good condition going by trademe. Unfortunately after rushing to get it running when my wife left so I could get to work, I got my car back (which I had to pay for, long story), so this project now sits unused and just dont have the time or the spare cash now to sort it out. Could be good profit, or a good cheap truck for someone with a bit of time to put into it as most of the bits are already purchased to sort it out. So i'll be honest and start with what needs sorting out first.
- Drives fine cold, once warm is being a bit jerky and not pulling.. is driveable I was using it like this. When converted I swapped the torque converter for the QD one without really checking (being in a bit of a rush) and I dont think its totally compatible with the ZD box, reasoning behind this is the ZD converter doesnt seem to fit onto the QD box so suspect the input shaft is shorter thus fluid is not feeding properly into the converter particularly once lockup circuit comes online hence problem when warm. So converter needs swapping back and is included as is the spare QD box. Reason I left the ZD box in, its meant to be stronger than the earlier box, and wasnt sure if it had any extra sensors for the electronic transfer case.
- Subframe needs straightening or replacing. I was not made aware that the donor vehicle had been crashed and that it was bent when purchased nor did I notice the extent of this until everything was bolted back together and I went to bolt the suspension arm back up, I was extremely annoyed but in a rush again I didnt have much choice but to make do with it. Could probably be pulled back straight with a chain around a tree bolted into the right place, but original subframe can be included should you wish to cut the ZD mounts off and weld the QD ones to that.
- Brakes all need replacing. Brand new pads and shoes included, as is a pair of good used discs and 1 spare drum.
- 1 front upper strut mount needs replacing, also included
- No WoF/reg/rucs about 12000 out so I am aware this is a good $1000 allowed for.
- A/c needs hooking up and regassing.
The good points:
- The ZD30 has been thrown away and replaced with the more reliable QD.
- New set of AT's about 5000k ago
- New rear shocks
- Rear trailing arm bushes also done about 5000k ago
- EGT and Boost gauges fitted

Looking for offers around $2500 the engine alone cost me this much
-------------------------------------------------
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

Return to “4WD's Forsale / Wanted”