1993 Terrano, thinking of selling, whats it worth???? Help

archieterrano
Bush Crasher

1993 Terrano, thinking of selling, whats it worth???? Help

Postby archieterrano » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:22 pm

i have been offered another 4x4, and I don't really know what mines worth, any help or offers would be appreciated

1993 TD27 2.7 turbodiesel, 313km, good runner, used daily, snorkel, KN air filter, front and rear towbars.

Did the injectors when I got it at 180k, new alternator (stopped charging however drive for vac pump knackered so got new one) about 250k, various wishbones, balljoints replaced over last 5 years, new rear shocks a year ago. I put a trans cooler on it as I was advised to.
I also got the idler arm strength mod done, as was told the idler arm was dead straight, 4WD upgrades in CHCH did the mod.

Offroading wise, I fish Lake Taylor, Lake Coleridge & Loch Katrine and this is why I need a 4X4. Gravel roads with potholes is about the extent of it. I took the family up the Macalley valley to the DOC hut once.

To me its a great reliable truck, just getting long in the tooth. I take it up to taupo every Christmas, but to anybody else its just an old terrano. I maintain it well and everything works on it. I would sell it to a mate.

It has been suggested its only worth 2-3K but you see them on trade me for 4-5k, usually dealers
Attachments
terrano 2.JPG
terrano 1.JPG
Worst days fishing beats best day at work. Working on trucks and drinking beer are pastimes just like fishing......

MihiT
Hard Yaka

Re: 1993 Terrano, thinking of selling, whats it worth???? Help

Postby MihiT » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:50 am

archieterrano wrote:It has been suggested its only worth 2-3K but you see them on trade me for 4-5k, usually dealers

Dealers on TM are dreamers. I've been watching one relist a saf for about 5 months, apparently they're "hard to come by now" and "wont be found at a better price" (an unmodded, sagged old tb, for 10k)

What it is worth is ultimately between you and the buyer. it looks tidy, but is high km for the little 4pot, and is 23 years old.
It will appeal to a certain class of buyer and if you're not in a hurry to sell you could hang around for 5k, if you wanted a quick sale 3k isnt unreasonable.

if it was a 7 seater i'd buy it!
- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
- 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
1989 LWB 5-Seat parts hack. TD42

archieterrano
Bush Crasher

Postby archieterrano » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm upgrading to a 7 seater.........
Worst days fishing beats best day at work. Working on trucks and drinking beer are pastimes just like fishing......

Windsurfer0206
Hard Yaka

Postby Windsurfer0206 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:47 am

If it was in Auckland or close to I would be interested looks nice tho.

Return to “4WD's Forsale / Wanted”