Volvo C304 4x4 Build/Restoration

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Re: Volvo C304 4x4 Build/Restoration

Postby geckoadventure » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Wait till phase 4 when we convert it to coil suspension lol

It now has a name too "Dakar".

Videos will commence again when the Volvo is back on the road.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:43 am

Monday 12 March 2018

Ok 12 March I knew something was wrong getting exhausted climbing a set of stairs - wanting to pass out after being under the Volvo when I stand up etc. I went to the docs at work got sent to the cardio immediately and was grounded for 2 complete weeks.

Some friends collected the Volvo window templates from IPOH and brought them to KL for me.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:44 am

Saturday 24 March 2018

Chauffer turns up early in the morning and we order the front windows yet again for Volvo 1 and hand over the perfect template which are 3mm smaller than the window frame.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:45 am

Saturday 31 March 2018

I'm back on deck after 2 weeks of complete rest. Lets see how I go.

Up early eventually leave the house 5.25am - what the heck the highway is crowded and it's pouring down. It's impossible to even stay on 120kph the idiots are all over the road.

Eventually after 100k the rain stops but the idiots down't and I eventually arrive IPOIH 190k away at 7.30am for a nice breakfast and a rest before the workshop opens 8.30am,

Wife informs me it's Chinese ancentor Grave Clearing next 2 weekends evryone is coming back to clear the elders graves.

The 8.30am meeting shows they hAave been busy. The rear of the cabin is all soundproofed and 2 layers of insulation added. Its all bolted down and looks really ace. The batteries have had an inspection hatch cut into the floor

My job today is parts collection first while Ranjit does the making of the air intake, starts to mount mudflaps and also bend the leading edge of the service hatch covers deg to make them nice. My job is to mount the panels and the watertank and paint the new battery box hatch and the parts run and work on the clutch.

Afternoon for something different we mount the wheel studs on the tire carriers and then a test load and unload one of the studs on each carrier spins - DAMN we now have to remove and find bolts and weld them in. Damn more wasted time.

The rear panel and roof look really ace.

The new 80 litre Stainless steel water tank is washed and prepared ready to mount tomorrow and test fitted

I have the clutch starting to work it no longer leaks and pressure is building in the clutch line.
Last edited by geckoadventure on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:47 am

Sunday 31 March 2018

8am start. I do the Sump 2.5 hours later the sump is bolted in after complete preparation of the sump and the engine block.

The air intake is completed and the connecting pipes made up.

By early evening we have the water tank mounted and 3 panels bolted in and sealed

One mudflap mounted with more to do to stop early wear etc

Ranjit has bent the leading edges of the service hatches inwards 45deg to make it look tidy.

The water tank looks ok

The air intake is completed on the left or the birds nest as it's been named after the tiny finches who made a home in a fluro light in the workshop.

home time 6.30pm. Little did I know it was going to take me 5 hours to get home/

Next morning is the hospital checkup - I fail I'm grounded indefinately until the heart recovers. The workshop has agreed to finish the Volvo to registration passing and also to transport it to KL.

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 am

hope you come right mate!
looks like she's getting to the pointy end of things! be so good to see this thing running and driving

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Cameron wrote:hope you come right mate!
looks like she's getting to the pointy end of things! be so good to see this thing running and driving

Thanks - 16th is checkup day lets see if the heart is still erratic or settled down. Else I will be investigating a pacemaker.

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:12 am

my mother has had a pacemaker for about 9 years now to re-time her heart when it goes out of whack. pretty successful!
no welding after that though!

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:49 am

Have heard from someone who dropped in the new front windows to the shop the Volvo looks good.

They have finished the mudflaps and fitting the service hatch internal cabin spring loaded latches.

They are finishing a 10 trailer order then back on the Volvo sometime late this week.

If I had any doubt that I was sick it was confirmed Saturday morning when I picked up and carried Volvo 2 axle tubes 10 meters because the meckanic has had a KIdney removed so he is not 100% well my heart went balistic took 10 mons each time for it to settle down so I didn't feel like passing out - sigh.

I failed another heart checkup Monday and am grounded for another 3 weeks while they change my MEDS. Only good news was the range of beating has narrowed to a 10 beat range over a few seconds. No pacemaker my heart beat is too high.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 am

Volvo 1 is coming home to Kuala Lumpur will be sometime after 1st September as I am away the next 2 weekends with the kids kayaking adventure. So Volvo 1/2/4 will all be in the same workshop. and I will finish 1 first then 2 and then 4.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:40 am

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Got 3 pictures sent to me.

The wiper arms and brackets are finally installed

And the dash is starting to look completed

What's left before it's sent the 190k to Kuala Lumpur on the flatbed:
Bleed clutch again
Brakes redo the rear piping
Fill/check all oil levels in everything
Finish air conditioning (KL job)
Wiring is almost finished so internal panels can be installed
Windows installed
Wiper arms/blades
Install doors.

They say 1-2 weeks before is ready to come home finally.

Checkerhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Checkerhead » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Mate the amount of stuff you have to get remade is heartbreaking. And I make most of my own stuff twice.

I did enjoy the speed camera traps you laid though!

Hope your progress and health are going well.
Supercharged VH45 Surf safari winch truck in the making
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33527&hilit=checker%2A

Return to “Projects / Mod's”