BUBBLES JR.

PR
In the crap again

BUBBLES JR.

Postby PR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:58 am

Well yesterday I got the misses a new toy :roll: as she has a confidence issue with big angles in the safari :( so I brought her Bubbles Jr to regain her confidence :lol:
Zuki 1300cc (deregistard)
Bubbles Snr and Bubbles Jr
and hopefully kinda what it will look like but in pink :shock:
so I will do a build thread from start to finish. But have to fix my truck first :D
Its NOT a whale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more like a large seal

(021) 02388443

PR
In the crap again

Re: BUBBLES JR.

Postby PR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 am

(021) 02388443

fweddy
Hard Yaka

Postby fweddy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Ah so that's what happened to that wee zuki! I was watching it and saw the price get put way up before the auction closed. Thought it was a good deal for some one - looked like a good basis to start with at least. I was thinking of a young friend who loves 4x4ing and dreams of having one - would be a good vehicle for some one like that to start out with and build up.
Sold my 1985, BJ74 MWB Landcruiser, rear locker, 33" MTs, snorkel, PTO winch, solid bars all round, spotties, AM CB etc.
Now just a 1994, 1kz Surf, pretty standard.

UBZ
Hard Yaka

Postby UBZ » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Nice wee wagon with alot of potential. Throw a set of muddies on ,loose the sway bars and it will go just about everywhere the Safari will.(Probably more) :lol:

PR wrote: as she has a confidence issue with big angles in the safari :( so I brought her Bubbles Jr to regain her confidence :lol:

Have you ever driven a lifted Zuk on a sidling :shock: They have a bit of a habit of laying over . Wide offset rims are a must.
LR110 ..... LJ50 project :roll:
Chris.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:37 pm

You wouldn't want to put a V8 P76 Leyland in that mate!? :lol: :shock:

You say you're going to start a build thread on this thing?
What's the budget and time frame? Is bubbles going to need a walking frame before you finish it PR? :lol:

QUADRACER
Hard Yaka

Postby QUADRACER » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:41 pm

about time you reliased dragging 2.5 ton of steel around the bush is hard work.
also 31s are huge tyres for that little nipper :D
retired 4wd to a ford ranger and UTV

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:52 pm

UBZ wrote:Have you ever driven a lifted Zuk on a sidling :shock: They have a bit of a habit of laying over . Wide offset rims are a must.

i was thinking the same thing the safari would get on less angles than the zuk
my 4wd is not a truck

old mercedes never die but sometimes they do need some love

older cars are good,mercedes are better,older mercedes are the best

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:55 pm

mercutio wrote:
UBZ wrote:Have you ever driven a lifted Zuk on a sidling :shock: They have a bit of a habit of laying over . Wide offset rims are a must.

I hope Bubbles ain't reading this thread. If she does, she won't want to drive it once PR has spent time and money on it. :roll: Shhhhhhhhh :lol:

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:28 pm

you know the guy with the red zuk you posted a pic of? Saw a build up of this truck on an aussie forum but never heard of him in nz? which is where it apparently ran.. Good choice of colour, pink always ran well on a zuk :mrgreen:

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:38 pm

petefj40 wrote:You say you're going to start a build thread on this thing?

when mines fixed :mrgreen:
petefj40 wrote:What's the budget and time frame? Is bubbles going to need a walking frame before you finish it PR? :lol:

has to be finished by easter :roll:

(021) 02388443

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:41 pm

those Zuk's float nicely in your nice deep south island rivers :D are you going in the passenger seat to weigh it down PR
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:43 pm

mercutio wrote:

shes been in a zuki up worsleys and liked it :D unlike the safari :(

(021) 02388443

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:44 pm

Jerry wrote:those Zuk's float nicely in your nice deep south island rivers :D are you going in the passenger seat to weigh it down PR

passangers seat is reserved for you to go with your pink shirt :lol:

(021) 02388443

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 pm

lilpigzuk wrote:you know the guy with the red zuk you posted a pic of? Saw a build up of this truck on an aussie forum but never heard of him in nz? which is where it apparently ran.. Good choice of colour, pink always ran well on a zuk :mrgreen:

if i can remember correctly (need to check with red zuki on this) but i think this guy is from downsouth and i have met him? it has a supercharged silvertop 4age

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:58 am

about time you reliased dragging 2.5 ton of steel around the bush is hard work.
also 31s are huge tyres for that little nipper

and the rest, he carries more shit then I do.
Al
rain, hail, sleet or snow, we go!

redzuki
Hard Yaka

Postby redzuki » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:43 am

lilpigzuk wrote:you know the guy with the red zuk you posted a pic of? Saw a build up of this truck on an aussie forum but never heard of him in nz? which is where it apparently ran.. Good choice of colour, pink always ran well on a zuk :mrgreen:

Yea that guys from the hawks bay area, hes my neighbors brother ,theres been a huge amount of time and money gone into that zuk theres more info on it here
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthre ... ht=samurai

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:45 am

Bwahahahah, i'm sorry, but bwahahaha :lol: hahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

She doesn't like the feeling of being on an angle in the Safari????

The Safari is probably the hardest truck out there to roll over!!!

When was the last time you saw a Safari laying down takin a nap???

You just wait till you get into that Zook after driving round in the Safari, just driving over a curb or speed bump will feel like its about to roll over.

They take ALOT of getting used to on angles, i.e they "feel" like they are going to tip over on just the slightest incline. In reality, you can push them alot further than you think, but it certainly takes some getting used to!!!!

Take my word for, as i came straight from my SWB Safari into a Zook. If you don't like angles in a Safari, then holy shit you got another thing coming in ZOOK!!!!!!!
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

UBZ
Hard Yaka

Postby UBZ » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:47 am

Might end up looking something like this :roll:

Chris.

Steve_t647
Hard Yaka

Postby Steve_t647 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:35 am

The Safari she drives is pretty tall it is 6" (or more) over standard in spring and body lifts, in the photo's here by the Suki the safari is on 31" tall tyres it usualy is on 35's! When driving it you have no idea where the wheels are, the swaybars were also off in the safari and the COG was about where your feet were. It was not the most comfortable 4wd to drive due to its height, COG, and the amount of body movement. I don't think it was that unsafe tho just you have to be confident where everything was and where you were going.

I think the Suki with its attached to axles feel of cart springs and with wider offset feet it should be fine, a lot bouncier and you get thrown about more but the balance of the zuki will feel about your behind in the seat and the confidence of being closer to the ground. I have a lwb Hilux on cart springs and have been behind the wheel of a swb Zuk's on carts (they are small!) they do move around more than a coiled 4wd but you know if it has a lie down it will be pretty gentle and they still feel attached to the wheels when that happens.

Build Junior and we will see, I think she will prefer it just let her get used to it.
Legal disclaimer: Any information I may have provided is worth exactly what you paid me for it.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:01 am

You should of got her a FJ40 PR? (but hey, I'd say that) You could of repowered it with the alloy V8 Leyland P76. It would of been cheap to do and might of been a better ride than a Zuk? I'm sure the Zuks are a good machine coz they're pretty popular. But I found the ride in em to bouncy from front to back. Gave my back a real hard time.
But best of luck anyway. :wink:

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:20 pm

DieselBoy wrote:The Safari is probably the hardest truck out there to roll over!!!

You have not been in her Safari!!!!!!! I have done a trip with you up the worsley and I take the hard tracks in my safari I have also been up in Bubbles truck and shit it is unstable and scary on the easy tracks :shock:
DieselBoy wrote:When was the last time you saw a Safari laying down takin a nap???

Had 3 naps in mine in the last 2 years :mrgreen:
DieselBoy wrote:You just wait till you get into that Zook after driving round in the Safari, just driving over a curb or speed bump will feel like its about to roll over.

Bubbles has taken her truck up worsleys and had to get other people to take over and in the zook she felt fine and in the end I want here to gain her confidence back otherwise she just wont go 4wding.

I am building this up to regain her confidence as she has lost it but still wants to go out (catch 22) at this stage it will get a spring over, high steer kit, 31" silverstones, ute cop (due to rust in roof) as she gets here conifedence back lux axles will go under it, it will go coil, then it will get a commy 3.8

And if anyone else wants to post negitave comments due to the tipsyness of the zook DONT bother we allready knew before we brought it and keep getting reminded in this tread....... WHO GIVES A SHIT she feels confident and thats all that matters in the end.

Until she is conifedent going up the wosleys I wont take her to the coast.

(021) 02388443

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 pm

UBZ wrote:Might end up looking something like this :roll:

Like F#*K :x she wants camo pink and I can live with that just not ride in it :wink:

(021) 02388443

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:24 pm

petefj40 wrote:You should of got her a FJ40 PR? (but hey, I'd say that) You could of repowered it with the alloy V8 Leyland P76. It would of been cheap to do and might of been a better ride than a Zuk? I'm sure the Zuks are a good machine coz they're pretty popular. But I found the ride in em to bouncy from front to back. Gave my back a real hard time.

Give up on the toymotor thing Pete you know it will never happen :wink: and as for your back well your an old man say no more :lol:

(021) 02388443

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Don't, and i repeat DONT spring over it untill you are putting the lux axles under it!!!!!

If your worried about the confidence, then the fastest way to put her off for good is going to be her running around in a SOA zook with standard axles

Put 50mm extended shackles under it, trim the gaurds to suit the 31's (doesn't take much), get some 15 X 8's, reverse the centers and thats as stable as your going to get it.

Sprung over zooks are terrible, they are tipsy to start with, let alone doin a SOA on em !!!!!

SOA on Lux axles, then thats a different story, and works REALLY well!!!

This is the where you wanna be heading with it, with out the tray back. Even this truck as been on its side every time its been out except for the last one, and its basically exactly what i sugested:

It doesn't look like much, but its enough to put a lifted Zook on its side. everyone else was fine.

You can see how they exagerate angles, and mine is kept as low as possible on 30 X 9.5's

Ok, i promise not to go on about it anymore. But think before you go jacking that thing up like you would with one of your big river trucks. Zooks do not take well to being jacked up, unless you make them considerably wider in the wheel track. Thats why the zooks are not that popular in the sth island, you can't jack em up enough to follow the bigger trucks through the rivers as they are to narrow and unstable once jacked up, and they are so light they float away.

Sorry, but i just felt i had to say that, I promise I will be constructive from now on :D
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:39 pm

Ok you have convinced me to go with the lux axles from the start :mrgreen: but heres where my knowlage stops :roll: so I have a couple of questions :?

1) Will the diff pumkin get in the road of the current leaf setup or will I have to fab something up.

2) What is the best steering setup for lux axles (photos if possible)

there will be more questions but cant think at the moment :|

(021) 02388443

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm

PR wrote:
petefj40 wrote:You should of got her a FJ40 PR? (but hey, I'd say that) You could of repowered it with the alloy V8 Leyland P76. It would of been cheap to do and might of been a better ride than a Zuk? I'm sure the Zuks are a good machine coz they're pretty popular. But I found the ride in em to bouncy from front to back. Gave my back a real hard time.

Give up on the toymotor thing Pete you know it will never happen :wink: and as for your back well your an old man say no more :lol:

Toymotor thing huh? Mate speak for yourself, you got the Toymotor, not me. :lol:
I'm sure you'll have to put Toyota parts in it somewhere so get over the toymotor thing bud. :wink:

I'm not old. But being over six foot has it draw backs. A lot of guys my height have back trouble, but being short, you wouldn't know about that. :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the micro machine build. :D

PR
In the crap again

Postby PR » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 pm

petefj40 wrote:
PR wrote:

Toymotor thing huh? Mate speak for yourself, you got the Toymotor, not me. :lol:

I'm not old. But being over six foot has it draw backs. A lot of guys my height have back trouble, but being short, you wouldn't know about that. :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the micro machine build. :D

That was the easyist hook ever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And Im 5'10" Bubbles is short at 5'4" :mrgreen:

(021) 02388443

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Anything under 6 foot is small PR. Ask anyone who's over 6ft.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack ya thread, much. :lol:

Get on with the build and flick us up pix of the progress.

UBZ
Hard Yaka

Postby UBZ » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:35 pm

PR wrote:1) Will the diff pumkin get in the road of the current leaf setup or will I have to fab something up.
2) What is the best steering setup for lux axles (photos if possible)

1) you will need a Prado diff for the rear as it has an offset pumpkin like the Zuk. (bad driveline vibes otherwise)
2) Lux high steer, bolted up to a Vitara power steer box and setup.

you will also need modified Lux or Zuk driveshafts and may want to consider transfer gears to get the ratios right for the 33's

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/ Good Suzuki Bible on this site.
Chris.

tallsam66
Hard Yaka

Postby tallsam66 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Maybe you should see if you can get access to the bowl at Wigram they use on the 4wding courses.
Its a great place to learn what it feels like to be on a 30 degree slope & also how stable you really are when sitting at that angle ....im sure Mike could put you in touch with the people who look after it .

Return to “Projects / Mod's”