V8 Land Rover project

Clint
Hard Yaka

Re: V8 Land Rover project

Postby Clint » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Scrappy's around here don't sell stuff but not sure about Tga.

What you do have in the Mount is HJ Asmuss Engineering supplies, assuming they are similar to their Kawerau branch they should have a good range of steel bar/pipe/angle/RHS with a 1/4 length minimum. Bloody handy for small projects. Get a bit of 100x6 flat.

Otherwise if I need a bigger bit of steel plate I go ask for an offcut at engineering firms that look like they might use it - take cash.

Cheers
Clint
UZJ71 Landcruiser
Jeep J20 - 1UZ-FE powered (part owner)
KTM 640

If it breaks, build it stronger.
If it doesn't break, drive it harder.

oldyella
Hard Yaka

Postby oldyella » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Mint I’ll go check out HJ Asmuss

oldyella
Hard Yaka

Postby oldyella » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Some cylinder head porting I’ve started on the spare set of heads I bought ages ago. Need to get a spigoted punch made up to get the old valve guides out so I can finish them up.

I’ll clean up around the guide once it’s been removed.

This was the first exhaust valve guide I tried to remove which was an epic fail. Hopefully I can get it out without buggering anything. I’m thinking slow and careful use of a chainsaw file might save it.

Still can open the exhaust up some more but need to buy a new gasket to make sure everything is matched up

Planning to get one head done. Then jerry rig up some sort of flow bench to see if I can figure out if things have improved and make sure all are reasonably balanced.

Might do some more on them this weekend since it’s raining

Return to “Projects / Mod's”