Sadams Flatdeck 6.0 litre chevy, runs & pulls 3rd gear skids

sig
Jeep Jeep

Re: Sadams Red Flatdeck 6.0 litre chevy now runs

Postby sig » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm

had another good day yesterday , and snuck out this morning and did a little bit more ,then skid turned up and FORCED me to do this ( now that sadam is not here :wink: )

Last edited by sig on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

DA RAM
Hard Yaka

Postby DA RAM » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:20 pm

:lol: SMOKIN :lol: was waiting for it to take off through the wall ! :mrgreen:

got no brakes at the mo so had to ease it up to the steel cabinet and rely on that for brakes

:lol: THATS MUCH SAFER :lol:
Last edited by DA RAM on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GO HARD OR GO HOME !
2015 JK Rubicon

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 pm

got no brakes at the mo so had to ease it up to the steel cabinet and rely on that for brakes :lol:
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Fawk that was cruel making me wait the 25 mins for that vid to download on the dialup :x :x Fark when do I get a go :D :D :D :D :D

I've only got 1 small job on tomorrow morning so I might pop out with the steering shaft and front callipers and take her for a burn down to the gas station to fill her up :P :lol:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm

I pop in to get Sig to do a quick task for me and he's quick to hop in and show me how it moves back and forth.

Then I ask how strong the steel cabinets are in front of the flatdeck and his response was that he'd already thought of that and then.................

nek minnut

Skids holding his phone taking a video :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh how easy was that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:02 pm

honestly sadam skid was threatening to hurt me unless we did that

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:29 pm

sig wrote:honestly sadam skid was threatening to hurt me unless we did that

from the txts I was getting :shock: you lot were tripping over each other trying to race each other down to the shed first to see who could do the first burnout :lol:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Sadam_Husain wrote:
sig wrote:honestly sadam skid was threatening to hurt me unless we did that

from the txts I was getting :shock: you lot were tripping over each other trying to race each other down to the shed first to see who could do the first burnout :lol:

and the whole time, Howie just sat on the couch with his coffee for an armchair view :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you're gonna need to buy some bigger 40" tahs for it now Sadam, coz its spins dem widdle tahs too easy :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

Jerry
Yes Dear

Re: Sadams Red Flatdeck 6.0 litre chevy now runs and burnout

Postby Jerry » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:08 pm

I missed it .... can I stop by after work :lol:
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:54 am

The things had a few engines in it since I've owned it, it came with a 6cyl 3F engine when I got it, I stuck a 305 chevy in it not long after then that started running out of puff when I put bigger tahs on it so Sig built me a 350 for it 8) but I ended up running the bearings in it so I got another 350 off the importer in Matamata that was a "good strong runner" and that turned out to be a big fat useless piece of shit with no compression (highest 90 lowest 40 psi) and argued like shit with the prick for 3 months and never ended up getting all my money back :roll: then after being parked up in the shed for a bit we stuck the 6.0l chevy into it :D

6cly 3F

305 chevy

350 chevy 8)
http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... hp?t=13080

big fat usless piece of shit 350 with no compression that Dave Green from Specialty Cars americian imports in Matamata sold me that he advertised as "he personaly started and ran real good" :roll: highest cylinder was 90psi and lowest 40psi, the thing hadnt been run for about 100 years it was full of cobwebs inside and not a trace of fresh oil from him claiming he had personaly started it the thing was bone dry inside, took a lot of discussion to get my money back, he was reluctant to refund me in full and wanted to claim a restocking fee and charge me full return freight and wouldnt exchange it for an engine that actually ran properly, also lost out on the freight he wouldnt refund me. Next time you list an engine as a good runner that you personally ran up dont start bullshitting when it turns out to be a turd mate all you had to do was take it back and refund me or exchange it.... I guess after 2-3 months of negotiating by email you realised why I never rang you and conducted all discussions by email I had a pretty clear accurate paper trail of your bullshitting, contradicting and unwillingness to address a simple problem to take you to the disputes tribunual along with the start up vids showing the excessive fumeing and low compression :roll: what the fuk was so hard about taking back the rooted engine you sent me and refunding me or sending me a replacement one that ran :x

6.0l injected chevy :D

Last edited by Sadam_Husain on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 am

Sadam_Husain wrote:6.0l injected chevy :D

Cool, but why did you paint the cruiser pink :lol:

Also do you know why the built 350 ran the bearings - just sayin, so that the new engine doesn't do the same?
Glen
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

Andrew1706
Hard Yaka

Postby Andrew1706 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 pm

I just picked up a SB chev adaptor kit for my 80 series, only need the clutch at this stage but it's going to be tempting to go ahead with an LS1/2

8) truck is way too shiny though :mrgreen:

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Andrew1706 wrote:I just picked up a SB chev adaptor kit for my 80 series, only need the clutch at this stage but it's going to be tempting to go ahead with an LS1/2

8) truck is way too shiny though :mrgreen:

this would mate nicely with your adaptor kit...

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/product-view.php?cat=Black%20Label%20Brand%20Engines&id=155 :mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

Andrew1706
Hard Yaka

Postby Andrew1706 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:44 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaah dont make me start dreaming!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

curly12
Hard Yaka

Postby curly12 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 pm

NJV6 wrote:[q
Also do you know why the built 350 ran the bearings - just sayin, so that the new engine doesn't do the same?
Glen

You have never been in the passengers seat then??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will track down the vid, it was about three weeks old, wet hillside in the Aka's and trying to climb a hill chasing a zuki.

My comment, as it boiled, was 'arnt you meant to run it in??'. They reply was ' I drove it in here............'
I them metioned maybe he should take both feet off the gas peddle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But we did make it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Farken homeless..................................

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm

NJV6 wrote:Also do you know why the built 350 ran the bearings - just sayin, so that the new engine doesn't do the same?
Glen

Nah not exactually sure what it was, they didnt get run dry something went through the engine, it all ran sweet for about a year then over the period of 4-5 weeks it started losing oil pressure and started smoking, we pulled some caps off the crank and the bearings were all worn through and when Sig pulled the engine back down the crank was toast and the bores scored, found half the shim off the bottom of the chinese HEI stuck in the pickup screen but it would have been something other than that that went through it, then I ended up getting talked into the injected motor, shit it does good skids in 2nd high, you just have to feel the clutch out till it just starts to bite then stand on it :D :lol:

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:19 pm

when we pulled the old motor apart and then showed the parts to a mate of mine who helped me rebuild it, and has been rebuilding car and race chev engines for 20 years ,he said that the oil had been contaminated with something.It had even worn out the cam shaft lobes and cam bearings.He hadn't seen one that bad for years.we were both at a loss to explain what had gone thru the oil

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:25 pm

got all the front clip on and all bolted up, battery box is in and wiring all connected up and everything including the interior light has all fired up just the same as the day I parked the truck up prior to the rebuild, managed to play around with the heater ducting to get the GM computer to just fit behind the glovebox without having to chop the back out of it :D clutch is all finished, we had to mount the slave cylinder forward on the engine mount and use a long pushrod to keep it clear of the exhaust and mainfold and all the heat, its using an early 40 series 1" bore brake master cylinder to give enough displacement to seperate the twin plate clutch, steering is all hooked up and plumbed up, the P/S pump gave a few dramas to work it out after we had a few hundred gallons of fluid pissing everywhere all over the floor and spraying all over the shed roof, the pumps off a truck with hydraboost brakes which run off the P/S pump instead of vacuum and uses 1 pressure feed and 2 return ports and for some reason it didnt like the top return port being used for the steering return and kept aerating the system and pressurising the resoviour sending fluid everywhere :x radiator and hoses are all in and filled and the engines been run up to temp with coolant in it, both brake boosters are in and hooked up to vacuum and brake lines made up except for one small piece for the front brakes and that'll go in tomorrow along with some new front callipers then the system can be bled up and tested :D

ladeda
Hard Yaka

Postby ladeda » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:43 pm

m8 thats looking awseome
really tidy build

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Re: Sadams Red Flatdeck 6.0 litre chevy now runs & does burn

Postby tomsoffroad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 am

Sooo jealous :mrgreen: Nice work :D

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:32 am

way 8) there sir......
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 am

Is there going to be cake when its done :lol:

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/lsx-grooms-ca ... d-eat-off/
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm

got the last of the brake lines plumbed in and bled the system up, had to shift the truck coz we dropped a washer on the floor underneath it and we couldnt reach it so we backed it out of the shed then we found we needed to turn it around so we took turns at taking it for a few skids up the road, found a problem with 3rd gear coz it broke traction and lit the tahs up going up the hill :shock: :D so we took it back to the shed and Sig reckons bigger tahs might fix it or slow it down a bit, cleaned the shed out, stuck it on the trailer and brough it back home again and by now I'd say Sigs prado is in the shed with the front clip half pulled apart ready for its engine swap :mrgreen:

MNC
Hard Yaka

Postby MNC » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Mate, a few little skids and its given you boys all the motivation in the world!!!

Sounds like you are flying through the finishing jobs. Nice work and well done.

I'm very green :mrgreen:

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

:D :D

rolla4wd
Bush Crasher

Postby rolla4wd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Looking bloody good m8 :)

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Re: Sadams Flatdeck 6.0 litre chevy, runs & pulls 3rd gear s

Postby Sadam_Husain » Fri May 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Got a bit more shit sorted out, bodys mostly bolted back on, the moulds they used for the fibreglass windscreen frame and roof wernt that flash and the body lines dont line up that well, shit there a lot better than what I had and there wernt any other options so I'm over that and give it a month or so and you wont even notice anymore :D , roof isnt bolted down yet thats going to be a bit fiddly geting the weather seal all lined up properly so thats a job for another night. Got the brakes all bled up and got a pedal, it used to pull up like a brand new commy with the extra VH40 booster but its not stopping quite so well yet, still a bit of air in the lines and the new front pads need bedding in, front callipers are new and dont have any siezed pistons but I'll have to check the rear callipers coz its sat for almost 3 years and I'll have to check I've got proper vacuum at the boosters, the engine came out of a truck and had hydraboost brakes running off the P/S pump instead of vacuum so we put a T into a hose off the back of the throttle body for vaccum so that'll need checking, if that hasnt got vacuum theres the blanked off port on the back of the inlet manifold I'll have to find a fitting for. Dumped the water out of the cooling system and refilled it with anitfreeze, tightened up all the joints for the brakes, P/S, clutch, radiator hoses, just about everything that held fluids had been leaking or weaping and took it for a good 20 minute fang, shit its like driving a 2012 HSV commy with a cruiser cab on it :D getting used to the bite of the twin plate clutch now, shit I thought the centreforce clutch I put in my 40 series was good but this is a whole new step up again, farking hard to take off without a small amount of wheelspin even when you just the let clutch out without applying any throttle :lol: still heaps of shit to do, lots of tidying up and clips and securing stuff and finishing off wiring looms and shit, need to find a bigger radiator and make up a shroud, proper aircleaner and snorkle, got another front axle housing to paint up and stick in it and have to get the C&P swapped over on my other diffhead and stick that in it, bullbar and barwork are pretty rusty and need sandblasting and repainting, the thing goes farking awesome... now I know what Sig means about those LS engines :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

Drurban
Hard Yaka

Postby Drurban » Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Sadam that is looking mint, too good to go out in the bush with it :lol:
But nice work there mate.
1997 Isuzu Mu, 3.1TD, 5sp Manual.

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 pm

woot woot

finally some real wheels and tahs

looking saaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

jealous much is me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Fri May 04, 2012 9:01 pm

shit :shock: didn,t see those wheels out there .They look good .But would look better on the prado :lol: :lol: .lookin awesome marty keep up the good work .We did forget to check if we actually had vacuam from that hose didn't we :oops:

Return to “Projects / Mod's”