Sadams Flatdeck 6.0 litre chevy, runs & pulls 3rd gear skids

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Re: Sadams Flatdeck 6.0 litre chevy, runs & pulls 3rd gear s

Postby Sadam_Husain » Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 pm

sig wrote:shit :shock: didn,t see those wheels out there .They look good .But would look better on the prado :lol: :lol:

funny you say that there an old set of alloys I've never used, I've got a set of 10" beadlocks for the truck :P

KROOZA
Hard Yaka

Postby KROOZA » Fri May 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Man just looked back through the last page, pretty cool having a photo of every engine you have had hanging in the front of your cruiser Sadam.
Nice work, it sure is shiney 8) and red :evil:

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 pm

saw kev the other day ,think your tray might arrive soon .Maybe even this weekend .His tray looked good .He Just had to put the ply down
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Fri May 04, 2012 10:12 pm

sig wrote:saw kev the other day ,think your tray might arrive soon .Maybe even this weekend .His tray looked good .He Just had to put the ply down

yeah spoke to him tonight he got his back from the galvaniser, hes pulled my tray off and is going to drop it off.... said he wants his deposit back :shock: :shock: :lol:

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am

tell him he forfeits his deposit because his contract was for 3 months only :lol:
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Mon May 07, 2012 5:36 pm

checked for vacuum at the boosters and had nothing so blanked off the T on the pipe we used behind the throttle body and got a fitting for the vacuum port on the back of the manifold and its got brakes now, fawk I forgot how good the brakes were on that thing with the second booster, you dont have to apply any pressure on the brake pedal you just have to feel it and the front of the trucks taking a big dive. took it for a run up to the top of the hill and back to give the brakes a good test, was wheel spinning all the way up in 3rd with the 33" tahs and that was on the straights not coming out of the corners :shock: :lol:

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Mon May 07, 2012 6:19 pm

good shit :D :D :D

mylux
Shockless

Postby mylux » Mon May 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Sadam_Husain wrote: took it for a run up to the top of the hill and back to give the brakes a good test, was wheel spinning all the way up in 3rd with the 33" tahs and that was on the straights not coming out of the corners :shock: :lol:

Sounds to me like it may have too much power :!:
Tell ya what I got an old 2.8 hilux engine I can swap ya if your keen (That'll stop the tyres spinning :lol: :lol: )
Looks the Bizz Marty 8)
Outta the way sheep shagga !!!!

MNC
Hard Yaka

Postby MNC » Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm

mylux wrote:
Sadam_Husain wrote: took it for a run up to the top of the hill and back to give the brakes a good test, was wheel spinning all the way up in 3rd with the 33" tahs and that was on the straights not coming out of the corners :shock: :lol:

Sounds to me like it may have too much power :!:
Tell ya what I got an old 2.8 hilux engine I can swap ya if your keen (That'll stop the tyres spinning :lol: :lol: )
Looks the Bizz Marty 8)

Once the rear tray is on it'll help with the traction :roll: Assuming you are not really trying to spin it up...

Perhaps you should post a vid of the said traction issues so we can all assist in diagnosing the cause :wink:

juz
Hard Yaka

Postby juz » Mon May 07, 2012 8:18 pm

yeh yeh yeh what he said, put up a vid! I dont even reckon it would do a skid.. :wink: :lol:
Softroader VW Amarok nowadays.... :roll:

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 pm

vid or it never happened :-)
my 4wd is not a truck

old mercedes never die but sometimes they do need some love

older cars are good,mercedes are better,older mercedes are the best

oldyella
Hard Yaka

Postby oldyella » Wed May 09, 2012 10:48 am

Sadam_Husain wrote:Image

The engine bay is so clean :!: Very nice work :!:

MNC
Hard Yaka

Postby MNC » Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 pm

mercutio wrote:vid or it never happened :-)

and still a little girls waits....

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed May 09, 2012 10:47 pm

MNC wrote:and still a little girls waits....

yeah I'm still trying to work that one out Matt, doing skids in Sig's shed and bragging about burning the tahs up in 3rd gear up and down the road is one thing but posting vids of ya doing that stuff on public roads is another thing :oops:

But I may be hatching a plan Image

MNC
Hard Yaka

Postby MNC » Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Sadam_Husain wrote:...yeah I'm still trying to work that one out Matt, doing skids in Sig's shed and bragging about burning the tahs up in 3rd gear up and down the road is one thing but posting vids of ya doing that stuff on public roads is another thing ...

Just put it down to jealously... The pics of your engine bay alone is doing it for me :mrgreen:

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed May 09, 2012 11:51 pm

oldyella wrote:The engine bay is so clean :!: Very nice work :!:

yeah you'd eat your fish n chips off that engine bay :D the whole body came up really good, hayden that did all the panel work did a really meticulous job straightening out the tub, fixing up the smashed up B pillar and making a new floor, you have to look so hard and close that Mr Toyota probably couldnt even see where hes cut the floor out and folded up and welded the new one in, the floor wasnt actually too bad you can see a few bits of it in those bottom photos, it was just starting to get a bit thin in places so chopping the two foot wells out was preventative maintenence :mrgreen: , most of the rest of the body I threw out, I kept the tub and rear window panel they were in pretty good nick rust wise, mostly just a bit bashed up, I stuck a fibreglass windscreen frame and roof on it, found a couple of mint doors and bonnet, kept my inner guards and radiator panel and found a couple of reasonable outer guards, most of it all got sandblasted back to bare metal. Blackdeath did all the prep and painting. There wasnt much of the seats left so they got rebuilt and re-upholstered, the rest of the interior was pretty much 100% complete and intact and other than 20 or 30 years of caked on and built up mud and shit and all cleaned up pretty good... shit the mud was probably protecting and preserving the interior :lol:

in4rhvn
Driver/Navigator

Postby in4rhvn » Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 am

Nice build good luck with the rest of it

tow99
Hard Yaka

Postby tow99 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm

pretty sure a pro charger will help the wheelspin problems.

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm

I think i've got pics of where that dent happened .... :wink:

70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Sun May 20, 2012 1:44 am

Last edited by turoa on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:32 pm

pulled the flatdeck out of the shed to do a bit of shit on it :D

Pulled half the shed apart and dug out some old PTOs and found a bunch of old toyo and nissan winches and an old 8274

had to have a play around mounting the pto lever and lift it up for the 50mm bodly lift and shift it back about 40mm coz some clown :oops: cut the hole in the tunnel when the gearbox was hanging down without an engine hanging off the front and it ended up getting cut in the wrong place :x so I made a little bracket up to get the lever sitting in the hole properly :D had to extend the linkage rod about 30mm then gave it a try out and it all engages both directions ok. I stuck a forward/reverse PTO on and will see if I can run a toyo winch in reverse so I dont have to chop the ARB bar up to shift the rope slot up to the top (Cruiser winches spool off the top of the drum unlike most other winches that spool off the bottom :roll: ) otherwise I'll stick one of the Nissan winches on it.

Dug out some 10" cragars I had beadlocked a couple of years ago and cleaned all the welds up ready for painting, my 8" beadlocks seem to be out on long term loan so I'll get the 10's painted up and stuck on the truck so Sig can get his 10" Alloys :D

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:33 pm

been a bit hard trying to work on the thing in my tight little shed the past month or so with the cold wet weather and no room to work on it, when I can I pull it out of the shed and work on it outside. Got the tray back about 6 weeks ago and cleaned it up and repainted it and got it bolted back on, got the pto lever and linkage all set up as above and have pissed around with lots of little bits of shit that I can do in the confined space in the shed thats hardly worth mentioning, shit still to do, get the two axle housings cleaned up and painted, get new C&P put on the front arb to replace the broken ones, put the front diffhead and axles and shit back in the front, cleanup and repaint deck sides, side bars and arb winch bar, setup pto winch in bar and makeup mounts for pto shaft, will run the cruiser winch in reverse (reversable pto :D ) so I can spool off the bottom of the drum so I dont have to butcher up the front arb bar, find bigger radiator and make up shroud, sort out a proper intake and snorkle, finish off misc wiring bits, swap rims over to beadlocks, adjust heaps of stoopid little things and then she's all done I think :D

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:48 pm

is that mud i see on the bodywork :shock:

looks great fella, will be worthy of display even!
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 pm

That deck needs the back cut off it
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:46 pm

if you did that all his firewood falls off :lol:

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:13 pm

I concur with Glen.. :mrgreen: Awesome truck 8)

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 pm

nice sidebar "bolt" holding it on :lol: :lol:

pruggerdore
Hard Yaka

Postby pruggerdore » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:32 am

thats looking really nice. love the way you welly guys get together and do working bees on your vehicles together. makes me want to move to welly.
the 8274 you mentioned above, available by any chance? complete? don need any electrics motor etc. just a base too start from
cheers clive

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:44 pm

NJV6 wrote:That deck needs the back cut off it

Nah Jerrys on the money for once Glen the trucks my firewood hack :D :lol:

pruggerdore wrote:the 8274 you mentioned above, available by any chance? complete? don need any electrics motor etc. just a base too start from
cheers clive

I've got to remember to stop posting pics of my spare parts stashes Clive :oops: :mrgreen: , nah the highmounts a keeper its in good working order with a recently replaced motor, I dont have a use for it right now but it'll sit in stock untill some time in the future when I have another need for a lecky winch.... without letting on too much I seen 2x 8274's sitting on the floor of Skids tyre shop this morning and another one that belongs to Jerry amongst a pile of old junk and carparts in his lockup the other night :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Its only an 8074 anyway ... he wouldnt want it :wink: ... besides I thought you were too busy taking bits of that crown in there :roll: :lol:

Return to “Projects / Mod's”