Volvo C304 4x4 Build/Restoration - WR002

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Re: Volvo C304 4x4 Build/Restoration

Postby geckoadventure » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:32 pm

8 July 2017

So early morning drive to IPOH 190k gone. Breakfast then down to the workshop. Hmmmmm not open So I go to the bearing shop instead. Now the workshop going to be is open so I head to the workshop after getting bolts for the bearings for the testing of the rollerdrawer design. I also drop the TURBO of my RED monster in for surgery to make it spool up faster since the RED monsters engine is getting a head overhaul due to pitted intake valves sigh and an overheating issue. IPOH has an excellent diesel performance tuning shop.

The progress is explained to me so I can carry on with my plan while they do the wiring in the next 2 weeks

Finish the doors and cockpit metal fabrication.

I hand over the new simple shocks I have purchased. They can be installed anytime not today.

I have the doors to panel up. The kneepads to remake and the speaker panels to prepare to bend and paint and bolt in.

The test bearings to get the measurements from for the roller drawers we will need 50-60 of these. Now I can finish the drawing ready to get CNC cut.

First the newly covered new seats. They look cool and will not be as sweaty as the PU.

The mess I have to start with - a door and the really rusted knee pads from Volvo 2 as samples. My goal is to finish paper templates and then do the cutting. WHo needs a huge crew like overhauling I can do all this myself.

Soon I have left door top panel done. The right well I prepared it and fited it but with 20mm left to slide in it will not budge. I need to knock out and do some trimming and and sanding with the flapper wheel. If the 5 bar plate proves to be too rough on the skin then I will replace with smooth panel. They are almost ready to get powder coated or anodized.

Door templates done. I could not do the cutting as I had trouble getting the 84 sheet to stay steady by myself so have left the big chop for the shop to do for me.

Next the afternoon killer the kneepads. Takes me several hours to get them cut out. The drivers side proving to be a pain to cut and will be a pain to fit due to the power steering and the new brake cylinder. I can make these out of 1.6mm steel next visit. Next is to find the sponge - im looking at kiddy playground floor sponge then I can shape it and cover them in Vinyl and fit.

Speaker panels need sanding after the lazer cut has left a lot of slag. I have 3 spots to get a fine file in and cleanup then they are ready for bending. Alloy bending template left for the workshop to bend them.

The front swithc panel is all cut out os stainless steel. I have requested it be cleaned up and clear coated. Connecting of the panel wiring and switches starts this week.

Wiring diagram has been revisited and some 24v stuff converted to 12v including the air conditioning. Only the starter and the t-Max winch remain 24v.

Service hatches have now been cut to allow generator and fuel pump access.

Final pic before I head off home. It hasn't changed much but quite a bit of work done.

Home time for the long drive home. Sicne they have added new speed cameras in the past month I have slowed down a lot and happily sit on 110kph.

Plans for the rollout drawer and the 2 slide out tables - cooking and eating are almost complete soon can start the CNC drawings and the building of the drawers and tables in KL.

skidmark
Hard Yaka

Postby skidmark » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Enjoying the in-depth updates you do. Good reading
modified surf, hardly drive it seem to keep modifying it....

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:47 am

22 July 2017

So early morning drive after getting up before 5am and working for 30 minutes doing office work leave home 5.30am then arrive 7.25am in IPOH but not after getting a camera ticket from the new camera location sigh. Gotta be at the factory 8.15am.

The 190k gone made easier by ZZTOP music etc. Breakfast then down to the workshop. Hmmmmm not open so I wait with Mr Brown who only wants the gate unlocked.

The progress is explained to me so I can carry on with my plan to finish the door panels and latch assembly.

The centre console has been rebuilt (apparently it got 3 fail strikes so was tossed) and really looks ace.

Only a wiring set of pipes need to be added else it will vibrate itself to pieces.

Mr Brown waiting for the gate to be opened.

The new centre console looks ace

I work away quietly all day after buying a sheet of alloy and mark out the door panels and remake the 5 bar checker plate panels I made previous trip. Popped into the powder coating factory next door got a quote and decided the colour all the new parts will be covered with. Then I discovered the heartache the paint was bubbling up in places. RUST FARK. So now I need to wire brush again and rustkill and then undercoat and top coat the doors all again sigh.

The left and right door panels are cut out.

I know where the rivnuts are going the template is marked ready for next weekends effort.

I have one kneepad cut out of 2mm alloy ready to bend up and need to buy a sheet next week to complete the other.

My final picture before I head off to the recce location for the kids kayak trip to view a houseboat. LIttle did I know I was going to get a crook stomach from the restaurant shortly after this picture sigh.

Every week I get closer to completing the beast.

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:46 pm

This is my favourite thread on here at the moment nice to see the progress
my 4wd is not a truck

old mercedes never die but sometimes they do need some love

older cars are good,mercedes are better,older mercedes are the best

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:28 pm

29 July 2017

So the early morning 190k drive after getting up late getting the wife up to take her along also step on it drop wife off at mother's 8.00am and arrive factory 8.30 am with a yoghurt drink and butterscotch bread for breakfast .

My job is to sand the alloy console and the door panels ready for powder coating.

Almost end of the day I have sanded my poor fingers off 320/600/1000 grit sandpaper only 2000 to go most of the scratches etc are gone.

Door panels are both identical and the holes drilled for the rivnut bolting in.

So I decided on a change of effort - prepare the template for the 2 holes for the old centre console and the dog eared gear lever hole issue.

6pm Home time for the mother in-laws for dinner and Mr Brown decides its love an attention time.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:17 pm

26 AUgust 2017

Well after months of planning and stopping work on the Volvo for the past 3 weeks to ensure the kids kayaking event goes off of we get the HK typhoon 2+ hours plane ride away severely affecting our weather thunderstorms continuous rain etc.

The 3 support boats are not loaded until it stops raining the lorry is loaded up with 15 kayaks. Red broke down last weekend (after getting a rebuilt head and a more modified turbo ) going 4 hours north to collect the 19foot support boat so I had to go up yesterday instead and collect it. The new turbo HOWLS and is really nice to drive lol.

5 days with the kids kayaking and then 3 more days fishing after with 3 kids from the kids home.

Tonight we head to the houseboat 6 hours away and its pouring sigh.

No work on the VOlvo for 2 more weekends.

ANyone in TEXAS stay safe your having even more issues with the weather.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 am

22 September2017

3 days work on the Volvo coming up.

Friday public holiday - our 7th of the month.

Oh there's a catch my wife is away I'm informed I have to return home each night to feed the fur kids each morning and night. I have to return to Kuala Lumpur each night and drive back up each morning.

Wake up late for the long drive to IPOH. The 190k takes me 90 minutes there is not much traffic people have no money left to travel lol.

The factory is open and working when I arrive at 8.10am.

My goals for the next 3 days are the knee pads finish. The speaker panels mount and sand and ready for powder coating. The door panels mount and ready for powder coating.

First the kneepads. Damn one has gone missing. The template is found and the old kneepad but the alloy cutout is gone I hav e to make another. Fark no guillotine its been under repair for some 4 weeks. I cut it out by hand and then the old console plate and the gear lever cover.

I then get help with the bender and they bend up the speaker panels and the knee pads.

Then the knee pads are welded up.

At the end of the day I also get given the air conditioning compressor the air cond workshop gave it back to them unable to get the parts to make it work can I get the parts. What sort of air cond shop is this?

The left side kneepage welded up ready to mount.

The right side knee pad is ready to mount I had to chop the steering wheel part out and make it 2 parts instead.

Old console cover cut out. However the rivnuts are IMPERIAL I cannot find nice bolts to fit. I might have to drill and retap.

I have the door panel the little end cap bent and need to file it down still down.

I have the other door panel the little end cap it bent and filed down and now it fits perfectly.

I have the rear door locks to sand down and some welding needs to be added there is stress cracks in the alloy from over bending.

The speaker panels are bent up ready to trial fit.

The centre console has been alkaline cleaned and powdercoated and looks ace.

Then the long drive home. I floor it and arrive in KL 80 minutes later including a refuel lol.

The smallest furkid gets her special food with guard on the ironing board to stop the others stealing it.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:11 am

23 September 2017

The day starts of bad the new phone's alarm sucks and would notwake me up. Damn I leave late after packing the kit I need for today the padding for the knee pads. Feed the furkids etc.

I make it (the 190k) in very good time and get to have breakfast and arrive in time for hte factory to be opened at 9am.

I spend the morning buying RIVNUTS and RIVNUT tool as the workshop one does not do 4mm rivnutz.

I work on the door panels and then realise I have to go do the air conditioning compressor. The hydraulic shop points me to a little hole in the wall air conditioning supplier shop and they are very helpful and replace the complete cylinder head with commonly available parts. Made my day

The repaired compressor ready to back into the Volvo.

Back to the door panels one is almost finished I have 3-4 little cuts to make to make it perfect and work out the spacer needed for the door handle. If only I could find the inside door handles.

The other door panel is also nearing completion.

The knee pads are now bolted in awaiting the padding.

The state of the old Kneepads

Mr Brown did not want his photo taken he wanted to fool around.

Home time 7pm - step on it I'm hungry the 190k whizzes by real fast.

Feed the cats have a meal then gotta do it all again tomorrow. The Isuzu trip meter shows 846k for the weekend when I roll up at the gate.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:09 am

24 September 2017

Wake up late again - feed the furkids and head off 190k to go. I arrive at 8am and then fall asleep in the car I'm so tired.9.30am I eventually start work. The arduous task of mounting the speaker panels by myself.

The speaker panels marked ready to mount.

Takes me till 1pm to mount the first speaker but its up and looks cool.

Another 3 hiurs and I have the second speaker panel mounted.

At the end of the 3 day weekend what do I have.

Kneepads bolted in

Centre console base bolted in.

Door panels almost ready but they are bolted down

The first foam pad gluing to the alloy kneepad base.

I have to remember the big picture yes its getting there.

Mr Brown finally sat still for 10 seconds on his favourite workbench.

Home time 6.30pm the workshop is clean. 3 and a 1/4 hours home it's a nightmare of traffic accidents and nothing over 120k.

Arrive home after 10pm needing a meal and rest. The poor Isuzu has 1250k on the weekends trip meter.

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:50 pm

8)

steel or alloy rivnuts? I've found the alloy ones don't last.
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:07 am

wjw wrote:8)

steel or alloy rivnuts? I've found the alloy ones don't last.

Steel

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 am

awesome dude, keep it up!

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 am

30 September 2017

Oh my have to do some urgent stuff at 5am when I wake up. Typing up documents at 5am is not fun. 6.30am on the road for the 190k trip, this time I have the boat on the back it needs some surgery so I can load up the boat myself when on the boat ramp.

Arrive IPOH 9am.

My only focus get the first layer of pads onto the rest of the kneepad pieces.

Cutting the foam to shape takes ages.

Then the disaster I needed to get my car fridge checked so off to get some bolts and the air cond shop. Fridge they have no idea. The Isuzu air cond needs attention it ain't blowing cold air out. However, my Isuzu air conditioning they need to pull the radiator out. 5 hours later i'm back in the workshop air cond in the Isuzu fixed and the broken light bulbs replaced.

The day is ruined. I shut up shop at 7.15pm just before sunset.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:13 am

1 October 2017

Progress is good the first layer of padding is all done. One of the pieces is finished and sanded and looks pretty good and is ready for PVC covering once I work out how to get clean holes drilled in them.

The speaker panels are all bolted up all holes drilled and rivnuts finished. However 2 rivnuts need to be redone I have pulled the thread - crap.

I have the old console hole covered and bolted in. However it exxposes the bumps and marks in the top of the tunnel. Now I need to weld an alloy cover to the console cover to cover the top of the tunnel also.

Home 1.15pm to attend the kids kayaking adventure presentation BBQ. I get 13 new kids from the Orphanage volunteer to join next years 2 kayaking adventures. The 15 kids from this years trips well they have all changed. Confident. Cheeky. Assertive. Grown. Achievement. One of them brings her new friend for me to vet and see if I approve - touching.

The deadline of 15 November can I make it to be able to take the Volvo to the RFC2017.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am

7 October 2017

I wake up late 6.30am I'm supposed to have left 6am I have to be at workshop 8.30am. Its raining as I load up alloy sheet to take to IPOH for special work today. 7.30am on the road I tip toe the mightly little Isuzu up the highway at 140k in the rain its dicey and dangerous the 2 big multi car accidents on the other side off the road tell me to slow down I cannot gotta get to IOPH 190k away. The road stays wet for 130k then slowly dries out.

Arrive workshop 9.00am Mr Brown is elated to see me and lets me know.

Worked on the second layer of gluing for the kneepads one took me 3 separate pieces to get right.

Brett came in and worked on the new console starting to mount switches for a few hours.

We sort out a new way of mounting the kneepads so the are bolted from behnd. If this fails I will have to make new ones from steel plate. It's going to be a overhauling Mr Foose type mounting lol.

All glued by 3pm time for a break and I cut out the new shelf for fishing cabinet no 2 as part of the keep Mrs Me quite campaign.

Then move onto making the new fridge/cooler box cooling cover assistant from alloy and sponge to keep the direct sunlight off the fridge or cooler in the boat. The Volvo spare tire is the perfect weight to keep the pressure on the foam.

Meantime the kneepads are drying.
Last edited by geckoadventure on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:28 am

8 October 2017

By Sunday lunchtime they are the kneepads both completed. WAshed and left to dry more.

The free labour turns up and gets the left side panel to correct the mounting point and bolt up.

Template for the left side of the dash made since the previous one has gone missing it had to be remade due to the new centre console from 2mm alloy. No time to cut it out as its 7pm.

Kneepad sits underneath will trim it up before making the dash cover.

Mr Brown lets me know its dinner time by holding my hand gently with his teeth/

So what was achieved in the weekend,

SPeaker panels all rebolted in some errant rivnuts redone. Sanded and ready for more sanding.
Kneepads finished gluing.
Old Console piece sanded - needs a lot more to remove the guillotine marks.
Right floor cut another for volvo 2 ready for the Volvo 2 shop to use
Left floor paper template made for Volvo 2 shop to use for Volvo 2.
Gearlever panel was designed and a large piece of alloy cut out this is going to be a lot of work to fix. Graft in a steel piece and cover with an alloy sheet.

29 items left to do only

I'm back on 19th October for a weeks attack on the Volvo after a weeks inland fishing and camping on the boat and kayak.

The trip back was hell with the boat in tow with its newly fixed suspension - 2 in lift and new guides to make self loading a breeze and new heavy duty tires. Accidents rain etc make it a 3 hour hell trip in the dark.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:32 am

23 October 2017

Back on the Volvo after 7 days of living on the lake with the boat drinking beer and swimming in 29c water, kayaking, fishing and sleeping in the hammock man it was tough leaving I can tell you. Then the clutch started dying on the long return journey home - left the boat in the boat factory in Penang for surgery 220hp inboard engine and jet propulsion conversion.

2 days at home and then the loud early morning 5.40am call to pray rings out over the valley waking me up I realise i'm late for the IPOH 190k run. The ISUZU is in the shop getting the gearbox pulled. I have the RED jungle truck instead - stereo dissappears at 20kph replaced by howling tires, Engine and gearbox noise. 2 hours 15 mins of torture later I arrive in IPOH at 8.00am 1 hour late.

So todays progress is sanded down all the knee pad edges then started on the left dash panel it all must match.

spent 2 hours trying to get a air cond contractor to turn up since the last one has gone missing for 2 months and closed his shop doors.

Mr Brown was really happy to see me and would not get off the workbench.

The left kneepad and new dash panel are starting to become seemless. Drilling the holes for mounting is the most difficult part.

Then the sky's opened and a huge storm came through at 4pm we could not work rain was blowing through the workshop wall panels and water running down the inside walls so all electric tool work stopped. I moved onto the switch panel and fitted all the switches except the 2 air cond switches.

2 more days of my holiday remain lets see what I can finish on the Volvo.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:12 am

24 October 2017

Day 2 of the Volvo visit.

Make the dreaded template for 3 covers in one takes me all morning to prepare this. Finally I have something I can use. Also fix the gear lever over the handbrake issue by extending the gear lever linkage 30mm with a uick cut and weld in an extension.

By 4pm it's cut out and with the assistance of one of the staff we complete the tricky double bends to match the Volvo's "form". I make a ring for the gear lever skirt with a soft hammer and a 4" pipe.

Near the end of the day the ring is welded to the cover.

Then I drill out the hole and a test fit proves it all works. More finishing and fitting tomorrow inclusing the tricky getting the holes drilled to match the existing mess.

Meantime Brett did some work on the switch panel and mated the lid to the body and strarted the relay connection.

At home time the big picture is staring to look more and more complete every day.

The factory doors close 6pm. I run of and get my cut finger treated.

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:35 pm

nice progress man!
can't wait to see vids of her in the jungle!

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:16 am

26 October 2017

Last day of my long holiday. Half day - then return the 20hp engine to the boat factory in Penang 165k from the IPOH factory. Mr Brown greets me at the gate he knows the howl of the jungle trucks turbo.

My goal is to get the knee pads mounted and down to the "cushion" "kussen" (Bahasa Malayu spelling) shop. The spelling took me ages to find a shop lol.

Mid morning the first goal is done the left new passenger dash panel is fitted and bent properly with some assistance from the ever helpful expert bender Mr Yap.

Then the knee pads are mounted using RIVNUTS from behind. Taped up the gear lever cover so it doesn't get scratched.

Drivers side with the split knee pads due to the new mid column power steering unit is mounted.

Scrubbed the panels and cleaned up and went down to the "Kussen" shop. The nice couple called their daughter down to speak English to me as they only spoke Cantonese and my cantonese is limited to ordering food and bartering and directions, so they gave me stitching options etc and we agreed on the work and it will be ready Saturday lunchtime.

Headed up to IPOH in the Jungle TRUCK - god the noise I forgot how bad it was dropped the engine off and headed back the 385k home not without dramas when the new turbo in the jungle truck decided for 80k to leap the EGT gauge to 900 every time I put the foot down. It all settled down as it got to dusk and I arrived home 8.57pm. Only good new is Isuzu is being dropped back home in the morning with a new clutch.

Roll on Saturday where I have the old gear lever cover to bolt in and trim up and a ever deceasing amount of work left for me to do.

RFC 2017 in the Volvo is gone so maybe we will finish it by XMAS. Maybe.

Lchundy
Hard Yaka

Postby Lchundy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Nice rig!
Always good seeing the updates
I reckon Mr brown should be the volvos mascot give him a pat from me :D

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:29 am

Lchundy wrote:Nice rig!
Always good seeing the updates
I reckon Mr brown should be the volvos mascot give him a pat from me :D

Mr Brown gets plenty of hugs. Usually by jumping up on the workbench and putting a paw on your arm. I have his paw prints all over my paper templates.

nivaman
Hard Yaka

Postby nivaman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:09 am

Nice work!.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:14 pm

5 November 2017

Work on Volvo stopped for last weekend and yesterday due to that Apple Iphone x launch which caused a bit of chaos resulting in me working 8 days straight.

Long drive to IPOH god im starting hate it 6.08am I depart home and its raining. I limit myself to 140k even that is dangerous. The overturned bus 15 minutes later which crossed 6 lanes of highway and 4 barriers ending up on its roof is a gentle reminder to slow down as I cruise past the wreck.

Arrive IPOH 95 minutes later, it rained all but for 30k on the way up with a few slippery moments to remind me of my New Zealand superbike back country touring bad days.

Share a load of butterscotch bread and a yoghurt drink with Mr Brown.

Workshop is opened for me and I commence the days work.

Takes me 3.5 hours to line up and drill the 10 holes to bolt in the gear lever cover. But they all line up and it looks ok. Next weekend I will prepare it with the vaccum switches for the PTO levers. Trim it more then it can be sanded for powdercoating.

First a visit to Volvo 2 Chassis shop on Friday night after the Apple x launch on the way home and they unveil the new guard dog. Man he is cute 2 months old I wanna adopt him.

The paper template which took me hours to get the holes lined up correctly.

For a break I decided to try and fit the LED headlights one LED light was fitted into the old headlight ring. The other no hope WD40 would not free up the screws. More work is needed as nothing is ever simple. I need to mount a new tab for the bottom of the headlight to bolt to the other has been half ripped out during strip down. An hours work has just turned into 3-4 hours work or more.

Drilling the holes fopr the left dash proved harder than I thought when I got 1 hole 4mm out of alignment resulting in it having to be welded up so I can redrill it. Damn SOB.

The gear lever bolted down looks ok.

Further inspection of the LED light Monday reveals I need to make a internal bracket to stop the wiring flopping around and a broken bracket I also need to repair. I'm going to order new headlight rings from Sweden instead. The arrow indicate the issues.

Home time the traffix chaos yet again and 2.5 hours go by before I can stop at the bar near home and have a burger and a beer.

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Postby catalystracing » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Love ya commentary on this project and your trips to help out. Keep up the awesome work.

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:34 am

keen to know what those headlights run like! beenthinking about getting some.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:22 am

12 November 2017

After losing 3 weekends of my life to Apple x launch and then the Alipay 11.11 Sale. I finally got a day to work on Volvo 1.

Stupid me decides to watch the All Blacks play France at 3.45am then drive to IPOH straight after By 5.30am

I realise the game will spill into my driving time and breakfast time.

6.15am Leave home and refuel and then sit on 140k the whole way to IPOH another 190K gone a nice dry clear road. Arrive in IPOH with enough time to have a 20 minute breakfast and start work as the door is unlocked for me.

I have to cleanup all the Volvo stuff to enable the huge trailer order to start Monday. I fit the 4 shocks

to get rid of more boxes and then start cleaning up by 7pm it's home time and I have everything cleaned up in and around the VOlvo and biffed a lot of rubbish stuff out.

Some work has been done on the centre console looks about 50% wired up.

I find the old centre console - huge difference now in Quality and presentation.

The cleaned out Volvo.

The new spare tire covers.

The left side headlight I need to sort out how to bolt in the headlight bolt.

The right side headlight I need to sort out how to weld in the missing half of the clip.

The cleaned up parts table and the rear of the Volvo except for the window glass.

Hometime yet another 2.5 hour drive for the 190k find the local bar have a beer and meal realising even XMAS is looking difficult to finish the Volvo.

1bad4x
Hard Yaka

Postby 1bad4x » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Seems a shame to hide those awesome tyres under a cover, unless the spare is not a match....
Loving the build!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 pm

1bad4x wrote:Seems a shame to hide those awesome tyres under a cover, unless the spare is not a match....
Loving the build!

Hiding them from the god awful climate sun and humidity kills spare tires in direct sunlight here. Course they are a match both of them are.

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Postby geckoadventure » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 am

18 November 2017

Roll out of home 6:03am I try to sit on 140kph however my mind is not on driving and I have the Apple x launch issues going through my mind as I whizz past the known speed camera 90k from home at 145kph - damn rats. Arrive 7.30 am for a long breakfast. Then start work at 8.30am.

I am presented with this box of air cond parts. Your mission Jim should you choose to accept it is to assemble the air conditioning piping ready for connecting. I get an air cond diagram from the internet and commence work.

Then I go out and collect the knee pads. They look good

By 8.30pm I have all the hoses layed out ready to crimp during the week and make a bracket up to hold the drier behind the cabin and been out and bought a new cordless drill. Time for dinner.

Return to “Projects / Mod's”