Oh no new Project: Named Project Rhino

Windsurfer0206
Hard Yaka

Oh no new Project: Named Project Rhino

Postby Windsurfer0206 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:21 am

So found a good base 1994 Terrano 256000 kms service history for last 6 years. 3l v6 interior is in pretty good condition.
Bad:
little rust spot in door jam of drivers side rear door but meh nothing cut and weld or just bog the prick over hehe :roll:
jacked it up and has open diff
Need to do the cam belt but ill do that one myself easy enough
stereo only picks up the Rock guess could be worse.

Some of the MOD list:
LSD of lockrite
1.5 to 2" suspension lift
Possible body lift but don't want to have to get a cert
pull the bumpers off and make pre runner style bars with which mount in front
Winch
32 or 33 muds with major offset rims
Trim/roll guards and make fender flairs to fit.
Manual front hubs
Cat back exhaust (get that v6 noise!!) :twisted:
Make a snorkel for it (more for the cold air intake side of it)

Any other things you guys can think of would be great. Not going for a huge rock crawling style as want to keep it lower. I have a jacked up high truck. Want more of a mud smashing pre runner look.

She will stay road legal to get to the trails and so on but I daily drive my sports bike so don't care how rough she is.

Ill be posting what I can as I slowly build it up as funds and time allow but will also be posting on my Instagram @lankyandhistoys so follow me over there too.

Anyway here she is atm.
Attachments
Terrano.JPG
1989 K5 Blazer 3" body lift 4" Suspension Lift 37" Goodyear MTR, custom bars all round, 17500 lbs Runva winch, Champion Alloy Radiator, GM 14 bolt SF with C-clip Eliminators ARB air locker in rear, Eaton LSD in front, and the list goes on.

keithal
Hard Yaka

Re: Oh no new Project: Named Project Rhino

Postby keithal » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Windsurfer0206 wrote:So found a good base 1994 Terrano 256000 kms service history for last 6 years. 3l v6 interior is in pretty good condition.
Bad:
little rust spot in door jam of drivers side rear door but meh nothing cut and weld or just bog the prick over hehe :roll:
jacked it up and has open diff
Need to do the cam belt but ill do that one myself easy enough
stereo only picks up the Rock guess could be worse.

Some of the MOD list:
LSD of lockrite
1.5 to 2" suspension lift standard ubs69 bighorn springs lift them about that much and are cheap/ free
Possible body lift but don't want to have to get a cert
pull the bumpers off and make pre runner style bars with which mount in front
Winch
32 or 33 muds with major offset rims scrap the big offset rims and run 33x10.5s on a zero offset rim (will tuck up into the guards nicely)
Trim/roll guards and make fender flairs to fit.
Manual front hubs
Cat back exhaust (get that v6 noise!!) :twisted:
Make a snorkel for it (more for the cold air intake side of it)

2wd steering mod and either an idler arm brace or second steering box swap to beef u the steering

Any other things you guys can think of would be great. Not going for a huge rock crawling style as want to keep it lower. I have a jacked up high truck. Want more of a mud smashing pre runner look.

She will stay road legal to get to the trails and so on but I daily drive my sports bike so don't care how rough she is.

Ill be posting what I can as I slowly build it up as funds and time allow but will also be posting on my Instagram @lankyandhistoys so follow me over there too.

Anyway here she is atm.

Return to “Projects / Mod's”