Warning to All Members Dodgy "Diesel Mechanic" Christchurch

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Re: Warning to All Members Dodgy "Diesel Mechanic" Christchurch

Postby tomsoffroad » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Rokhound is on the mark. Yes expect to pay a deposit. However I would consider the vehicle as security. This is not because we are rouges but because we need protection too.

What Pedro said is true too. I built a Jailbar hotrod for a customer last year. The fella added to the job several times. At the start of the job he asked for a "ball park figure". The figure for the original job was $2k (Original job was a 150mm channel and new fire wall and rust repairs to bottom 200mm of cab) after the job was finished it included mount the motor/box into a mitzi l200 chassis, under floor pedals, more rust, mount the cab and sort out the steering. All major fab work and time consuming. The end bill came to $3800 + gst. He paid no problems. Cool. Couple of weeks later he phoned me wanting me to addapt a 5spd supra box to the flathead v8 in the rod. He wanted a "ball park figure" again. No probs. He added to the job. The job came in $120 over budget. He balked big time, refused to pay for the parts I (stupidly) had already let him take away. We lost nearly $500 in parts alone on that job not including 2 days labour!!!!!

Its an interesting game modifing vehicles. Sometimes frustrating, but 99% of the time extremely rewarding.

You need to learn from your mistakes and do the job at least 500% above the customers expectations.

Right thats enough ranting from me fellas.

Rock on
Tom

niblik
Sausage Shack

Postby niblik » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 pm

rokhound wrote:
J_Dub wrote:
tomsoffroad wrote:This story guts me.
I run a small business out of my garage (read: purpose built workshop) in my back yard. People like this give the rest of us a bad name.
Business is hard enough without pricks like this.

Anyways if you havent been burnt too bad and are keen to modify your truck Id love to help you make your dreams come true. :wink:

Best of luck
Tom

go pay this guy a visit Dan, hes got a good name from what ive heard/seen

Na, Toms work is shiat :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
Honestly, if you want steel hot glued together and really good quality fab work done, Talk to Tom.

*cough* edna *cough*.... :wink: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:10 pm

*cough* edna *cough*....

Whats the word Im looking for?????? Starts with W. No it escapes me at the moment. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bush Crasher

Postby 109 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks again guys , Got the Landcruiser back thursday

Rick and the guys at 4WD accessories did a bloody great job , can't thank them enough . Highly recommended

Out to have some fun tomorrow , finally some days off from work

niblik
Sausage Shack

Postby niblik » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:24 pm

great stuff bud.. hope she's goes well for ya... woot!! 8)

pics and a report after.. :wink: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:21 am

Thats rough man. Good to see your still keen.

You got any pics of the work that was done prior to Rick fixing it??

If it was me I woulda taken a pic of him and slapped his face up on here so then there was no doubt about who it is.

Bush Crasher

Postby 109 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:59 pm

niblik wrote:great stuff bud.. hope she's goes well for ya... woot!! 8)

pics and a report after.. :wink: :mrgreen:

Roger that , will get some shots up asap

Swamped wrote:Thats rough man. Good to see your still keen.

You got any pics of the work that was done prior to Rick fixing it??

If it was me I woulda taken a pic of him and slapped his face up on here so then there was no doubt about who it is.

Nah I didn't , wasn't keen for any memoirs of that nightmare

Il chuck some shots up tho of the post fix , hard to believe how factory it looks compared to how messed up it was

dave_ln130
Bush Crasher

Postby dave_ln130 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:44 pm

x5 shit like this shouldnt happen to people ever i bet if he was in the cbd in chch when the quake hit he would loot rather than help

mr landrover
Bush Crasher

Postby mr landrover » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:27 pm

take him on a hunting trip in the wop wop wops
In order for you to insult me i would first have to value your opinion

nivaman
Hard Yaka

Re: Warning to All Members Dodgy "Diesel Mechanic" Christchu

Postby nivaman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Mckea1

Postby Mckea1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:55 pm

I read this story and just want to say I was totally sucked in by this character too. Rented a house to him (my only house that had a decent mortgage), he just lied and lied and never paid the rent. He left me broke for the best part of four months ..believed his lies never got a bond yes my fault and I will never make such a mistake or trust people the same since.

He seems really decent and likeable. Do not trust anything and I mean anything he says.

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:31 am

mr landrover wrote:take him on a hunting trip in the wop wop wops

someone mention me and hunting??

:lol:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:00 pm

wopass wrote:
mr landrover wrote:take him on a hunting trip in the wop wop wops

someone mention me and hunting??

This is an old thread. When I saw it pop back up again I thought, what the...
Someone put a pic up of his truck. Pitty they didn't put one up of his face. :)

Shaza

Postby Shaza » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:31 am

Mckea1 wrote:I read this story and just want to say I was totally sucked in by this character too. Rented a house to him (my only house that had a decent mortgage), he just lied and lied and never paid the rent. He left me broke for the best part of four months ..believed his lies never got a bond yes my fault and I will never make such a mistake or trust people the same since.

He seems really decent and likeable. Do not trust anything and I mean anything he says.

He is still ripping ppl off landlords car owners & 4WD owners he needs to be stopped I have known him for a year & I have never believed anything his says I no because he has ripped our friends off.

J_Dub
Hard Yaka

Postby J_Dub » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:14 pm

He's only still doin it cause no one has "sorted" him out yet

tycho
Hard Yaka

Postby tycho » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm

If the guy has been "working" and getting paid then maybe a note to IRD -worked for Al Capone :)

Shaza

Postby Shaza » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:17 pm

tycho wrote:If the guy has been "working" and getting paid then maybe a note to IRD -worked for Al Capone :)

I no he has no job & no Licence at the moment I no as he is living with our Daughter & she has stopped all contact with us & she believes everything he say's we no a lot more people he has ripped off. She has lost a lot of her friends as he is controlling her she is only 18 & unfortunately in love with him.
We are at our wits end & can't do anything. I wish there was away of warning everybody I have never meet anyone that can con ppl like he can.

Aimz
Stropper

Postby Aimz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Sheryl you don't know shit so get this shit off the Internet I'm sick of being threatened by my own family! All of this shit your saying is complete and utter crap! Grow the #### up your suppose to be my mum not a threat! I hope spinning all of this bullshit was worth losing your only daughter because I'm lifting the restraining order so have a good life! I've been living with him for a year, don't you think if this was true I would have witnessed all of this? And as for that faggot rip off landlord! How can we owe 4 months rent if we only lived there for 3 months tell me that eh! You told us that since we cleaned up that dump you call a house then we could have a few weeks rent free and then you go and change your mind because your broke and can't afford to pay the mortgage on all your other properties. Stop spinning such bullshit its so childish and petty, get lives of your own and stay out of mine! End of!

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Aimz wrote:Sheryl you don't know shit so get this shit off the Internet I'm sick of being threatened by my own family! All of this shit your saying is complete and utter crap! Grow the #### up your suppose to be my mum not a threat! I hope spinning all of this bullshit was worth losing your only daughter because I'm lifting the restraining order so have a good life! I've been living with him for a year, don't you think if this was true I would have witnessed all of this? And as for that faggot rip off landlord! How can we owe 4 months rent if we only lived there for 3 months tell me that eh! You told us that since we cleaned up that dump you call a house then we could have a few weeks rent free and then you go and change your mind because your broke and can't afford to pay the mortgage on all your other properties. Stop spinning such bullshit its so childish and petty, get lives of your own and stay out of mine! End of!

Shaza wrote:I no he has no job & no Licence at the moment I no as he is living with our Daughter & she has stopped all contact with us & she believes everything he say's we no a lot more people he has ripped off. She has lost a lot of her friends as he is controlling her she is only 18 & unfortunately in love with him.
We are at our wits end & can't do anything. I wish there was away of warning everybody I have never meet anyone that can con ppl like he can.

Just coz... :) He's even conned his missus!!
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

Aimz
Stropper

Postby Aimz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:42 pm

He hasnt conned me, funny how you think you know me and my life so how about get one of your own :)

trucked
Hard Yaka

Postby trucked » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Aimz wrote:Sheryl you don't know shit so get this shit off the Internet I'm sick of being threatened by my own family! All of this shit your saying is complete and utter crap! Grow the #### up your suppose to be my mum not a threat! I hope spinning all of this bullshit was worth losing your only daughter because I'm lifting the restraining order so have a good life! I've been living with him for a year, don't you think if this was true I would have witnessed all of this? And as for that faggot rip off landlord! How can we owe 4 months rent if we only lived there for 3 months tell me that eh! You told us that since we cleaned up that dump you call a house then we could have a few weeks rent free and then you go and change your mind because your broke and can't afford to pay the mortgage on all your other properties. Stop spinning such bullshit its so childish and petty, get lives of your own and stay out of mine! End of!

Wonder why theres 2 or three threads about this munter must be all lies that were magically fabricated out of thin air.

He must be able to sell ice to a eskimo haha he would make a decent salesman if he managed to stop conning people.

Aimz
Stropper

Postby Aimz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Excuse me but all of the threats are from my mum, the rest are from idiots that want to tough so they threaten someone over a bullshit story lol I personally think it's because their self conscious about their small will us haha so they feel they need to act all big and tough.

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:59 pm

such a cute couple

:mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Your original post...
Aimz wrote: End of!

Now, Piss off.

Run along now....
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

J_Dub
Hard Yaka

Postby J_Dub » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:01 pm

This is "offroadexpress" not facebook
Fcuk off

klompy
Hard Yaka

Postby klompy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Such are the days of our lives :shock:

SV1K
Site Admin

Postby SV1K » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm

This has gone on enough, the thread is being locked.

Return to “Announcements”