Power Steering in a Series

V8SeriesII
Winch master

Power Steering in a Series

Postby V8SeriesII » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:11 pm

Has anyone else put power steering into a series rover before. Not just a ram full power steering. I have done it with one using bits and peices has anyone got any good links or knowledge of easy ways of do it? Thanks.

Furgus
Hard Yaka

Postby Furgus » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:57 pm

I know of a chap that used a Nissan steering column & power steering box and reckoned it worked a treat - he's now president of the Rotorua LR Enthusiasts club so you should be able to contact him.
If at first you don't succeed .... Get a bigger hammer!!

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:21 pm

I've got power steering in mine but it is a concequence of the LR discovery chassis it has as its all there standard with Rangies and discoverys. Converting the steering column is another thing though. I've got rid of the old steering box and column and chassis bracket. Taken a rangie one made a bracket to mount it to the firewall and in the process of making the drive to the box longer. Guess all you need to do is jimmy up and mount some drive unit where the relay normally sits and the pump on the enigne :wink:

Mike
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

V8SeriesII
Winch master

Postby V8SeriesII » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:13 am

Yeah doesn't sounds like there is an easy option. i have done it before with a pajero steering coloumn and Sj80 arm and just used the holden pump few brackets to make up but wasn't toooo bad. Mite just hav to do that again, it works bloody good though. Thanks.

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”