Rover research...

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Rover research...

Postby De-Ranged » Tue May 04, 2004 10:43 pm

Oooo :D I get to make the first post in the new forum :lol:

Anyway heres the deal... I want to know how strong the front axles are, have any of you done them in, do you think they would handle 35"s and bad driving???

Heres why I want ot know... I'm... rough on gear, so after blowing the rear diff I started to fix the rear drive so it wouldn't happen again, new ARB locker, new bearings in diff head and axle, reinforced the axle tube and diff cover, then when I went to get some stronger axles, I find out its going to cost $1200 more to convert the diff locker over to the bigger sallsbery axles (+ $280 for the axles!)

Now my thinking is swap the diffs, put the standard diff locker up front and run standard axles .... and do up the new one for the rear with a new sallsbry sized locker (no more expensive than a standard unit)

What ya think??

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

Rangerat
Hard Yaka

Postby Rangerat » Wed May 05, 2004 10:35 am

Hi

You'll probally bust CV's before the axles in the front.

Rat

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Wed May 05, 2004 11:13 am

I've busted two front SIII axles, dont know how strong they are compared to the rangie's though....
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Wed May 05, 2004 7:00 pm

yea that sounds like a project .... get a hilux and convert it into a rover :lol:
thanks for the forum thread that had some interesting ideas, :? convert over to lux diff's and half shafts, hmmm ... i think I might just run the diff locker in the front for now and put a salsbry size diff locker in the rear so I can run salsbry axles

Thanks for the info

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”