2001 vogue rangey

tnr
Bush Crasher

2001 vogue rangey

Postby tnr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Thoughts on 01 range rovers 4.6 v8 auto, and common faults, are the reliable. Will be used on road and towing my boat...

Any info much appreciated

phaedrus
Driver/Navigator

Re: 2001 vogue rangey

Postby phaedrus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 pm

By all accounts they are prone to cylinder liner issues, the autos perhaps aren't the most reliable and you could have some problems with the air suspension.

On the other hand they're a lot of vehicle for what you're likely to pay for one, they drive nicely (IMO) sound good and have a great tow rating.

If any of the former bothers you it's worth noting the likely suspension repairs are comparatively inexpensive today, or you can put coils in. I dealt with the other two myself by purchasing a manual diesel model. However if this is primarily a tow vehicle and/or not your daily driver then you may never do enough work with it to strike any problems.

I've had mine for three months now and I have to say I'm happier with it than I expected to be (ask me again in 12 months mind you!). After my last Landrover (more than 20yrs ago) I swore I'd never have another and have exclusively used Jap 4WD's since, so it was a quasi-reluctant purchase, but so far I remain pleasantly surprised (albeit it's not very fast off the lights!). They seem to have sorted some of the things that bothered me previously & I think mine at least was good value for money. The petrol ones I've seen sell hear in ChCh also seem to have been a great buy from what one can tell. They've generally been very tidy with lowish k's and sold for between $4k to $10k...

Hope that helps? As an aside this is my 37th Landrover and my current Jap 4WD's would be more than 100 in the line of ownership so I guess I've had a few to compare ;-)

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”