Another crown wheel and pinion bights the dust

Timmy511
Hard Yaka

Re: Another crown wheel and pinion bights the dust

Postby Timmy511 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:54 am

if you lot had half a brain youd put a 4pin center in a stock diff head and put ashcroft cvs and shafts in.

oh wait we're in NZ we'd rather try to re-invent the wheel, spend way more in the long term and end up doing what us poms have been doing for years. Tragic.

and whilst were on the subject, pto winches are useless over weight antiquated piles of rubbish. for the love of god buy a twin motor 8274.

rant over.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 am

Timmy511 wrote:if you lot had half a brain youd put a 4pin center in a stock diff head and put ashcroft cvs and shafts in.

oh wait we're in NZ we'd rather try to re-invent the wheel, spend way more in the long term and end up doing what us poms have been doing for years. Tragic.

and whilst were on the subject, pto winches are useless over weight antiquated piles of rubbish. for the love of god buy a twin motor 8274.

rant over.

Umm over wieght..useless.... you need to google goodmans at rallywoods. I believe they call them god winches one winch dragging 3 trucks on a single line pull....there aint no electric winch that will do that.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Postby Batfastard » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Timmy timmmy timmmmmy .if i was only as cleaver you .i would not of wasted so much money on kam diffs and axels .oh thats right kam diffs axels and cvs come with a five year thats right five year warranty.full comp 35" wheel replacement warranty .there product must be shit .because five years is not a long time to stand by your product is it tim....???

And now im going to spend the next few weeks .making my nissan pto winch go twice as fast and hold 70 m of 12mm .what a wanker i am .

May be i would be better off to give all my money to a refugee and then hang myself .what are your thoughts on that timmmy

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 pm

ohh bro, just get a lada cos they are orsum! :mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

andy3542
Hard Yaka

Postby andy3542 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wheres my popcorn?
Offroad Addiction TV

https://www.facebook.com/OffroadAddictionLtd/

Timmy511
Hard Yaka

Postby Timmy511 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:37 am

batfastard, touche old chap.

i thought you were just there blowing money into trying to find the 'right mix' of off the shelf land rover parts. because lets face it there isnt one. and someones tried that here in nz to great expense and failed, gone to another brand of vehicle, and then rubbishes landrover saying there is no fix to the landrover driveline problems (and it is admittedly a serious problem)

my personal opinion is ashcroft shafts and cvs, they dont have a designed fail safe because they dont fail like the kam short stubs do (at the same torque as a standard landrover cv). they aso have a 5 year replacement warrenty. theyre used by the top winch challenge teams in the uk who are still using landrover axle casings (gigglepin and devon 4x4 vehicles). ashcroft have also made another half shaft out of a material called 300m which is stronger and has a higher elastic limit so therefor protects your driveline again as it twists instead of shock loads your diff head and gearbox.

as for the winch debate, yes a pto winch can be made to be fast, but youll never make a pto system that that works with a dead engine or for when a truck is upside down. atleast a twin motor high geared 8274 will pull you out of a bog or river back onto dry land so you can fix your truck and get back amongst it.

each to their own i guess.

i cant understand why youd be giving any money to a refugee, your just paying direct back to the uk, which is good for our failing economy, chur bro.

*please note all said in jest and as a giggle on an internet forum, sorry for any upset cause or implied*

Timmy511
Hard Yaka

Postby Timmy511 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:54 am

Crash bandicoot wrote:
Timmy511 wrote:if you lot had half a brain youd put a 4pin center in a stock diff head and put ashcroft cvs and shafts in.

rant over.

Umm over wieght..useless.... you need to google goodmans at rallywoods. I believe they call them god winches one winch dragging 3 trucks on a single line pull....there aint no electric winch that will do that.

i wont lie, at first i was impressed to say the least, its moving rather quickly with two other trucks attached, and then it hit me, i realised what those 'trucks' were. an SJ and an Vitara. lets be honest, he was practically towing out 1 landcruiser.

but seriously, its an impressive piece of kit.

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Postby Batfastard » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:50 am

No offence taken timmmmmy
:D
My reason for goin kam way with the sacrafacal stubs was the create a weak spot so if we did have a problem it will be a cv and it was only a two min fix so if you shit a cv in a special stage rather than battleing on in three wheel drive and doing more damage its easy to stop two min fix and away again. .and imho the kam c&p set with its bulk and better teeth configuration.plus i got a good deal on them :D
Re your winch comment i have a rear faceing electric winch that can run through my main hoop in the cage to right my self in case i fall over and i can also run it underneath and pull frontways .
Ive just seen too many people with battery or chargeing problems not being able to do any winching

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Postby catalystracing » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:11 pm

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:40 pm

those two trucks were about as much suzuki as goodmans toyota is still a factory FJ......they had hilux running gear under them.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Team Tonka
Hard Yaka

Postby Team Tonka » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:32 am

Lockers are the cure for that malady, but then you'll start breaking drive shafts. Mates Disco has had 2 drive shafts in last 2 weeks. To be fair its not broken anything in the last year or so - but then it has been just sat on his drive because persistent overheating did the head gaskets! I also have to admit that we've been out 8 times since we fixed it and to be fair it did manage one trip without playing up. Dave was particularly stoked that night!

Landover's eh - pleasure and pain.
May the force be with you.

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Postby Batfastard » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Went for a blast with the 31.10.5 .15 .i will be putting them on trademe .put the 35" simex on but it got dark so will try them in the morn.

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Postby Batfastard » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:44 pm

:D :D :D happy as !!!
Went for a ride today with the 35" simex on .93/4 kph at 3000rpm ,that puts me right on the cam in 4 th high.make 1 and 2 nd very useable in the mud in high .
Gives me a wickedly low 1 lowbox for rock crawling , infact its so low you think your not moving .it also gets me out of 1 and second and into third and forth in the tuff stuff its so much easyer to go third to forth / forth to third .than second third and back down to second . :mrgreen:

Checkerhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Checkerhead » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:46 am

Nice one.
Hopefully see a little more anger in the mud now.
Supercharged VH45 Surf safari winch truck in the making
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33527&hilit=checker%2A

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”