disco 1 coil springs

noexitroad
Hard Yaka

disco 1 coil springs

Postby noexitroad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:23 pm

just acquired a disco 1 with what looks like heavy duty coil springs fitted. the truck sits quite high. both front and back are red. can anybody tell me what flavour they are??
also the front right tyre was really worn on the inside and it looks like it is leaning in at the top (which would explain that) so what should I be looking at as a possible cause?

44jetboat
Hard Yaka

Re: disco 1 coil springs

Postby 44jetboat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 pm

not too sure about ya tyre wear

but springs could be cobras. have a set in my truck

Ralfie
Hard Yaka

Postby Ralfie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 pm

noexitroad wrote:just acquired a disco 1 with what looks like heavy duty coil springs fitted. the truck sits quite high. both front and back are red. can anybody tell me what flavour they are??
also the front right tyre was really worn on the inside and it looks like it is leaning in at the top (which would explain that) so what should I be looking at as a possible cause?

Re the tyre it depends if tyre has always been on the one corner or is second hand tyre from something else. hard to determine if it has since you just acquired the vehicle.
If wheel looks out of align then check swivel bearing and wheel bearings. If everything as it should be then possible bent housing or optical illusion due to badly worn tyre.

noexitroad
Hard Yaka

Postby noexitroad » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:23 pm

think the problem is a bent track rod so have just replaced that. turned out to be a bloody mission as the track rod adjuster was rusted into the track rod and I hadn't ordered one of those. note to self - order both if this happens again!!

Ralfie
Hard Yaka

Postby Ralfie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:20 pm

noexitroad wrote:just acquired a disco 1 also the front right tyre was really worn on the inside and it looks like it is leaning in at the top (which would explain that) so what should I be looking at as a possible cause?

noexitroad wrote:think the problem is a bent track rod so have just replaced that. turned out to be a bloody mission as the track rod adjuster was rusted into the track rod and I hadn't ordered one of those. note to self - order both if this happens again!!

You originally stated tyre was leaning in from the top ..........
Therefore answers were on that basis.

Now you say it has a bent track rod which would upset the wheel alignment and have the wheels turned inwards.
Had you indicated it was turned in with excessive toe in, then you might have got better, more informed replies.

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”