Range Rover 4.6 with factory computer wiring Help

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Range Rover 4.6 with factory computer wiring Help

Postby Weeds » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi all

Have replaced my old rover engine in my buggie with a 4.6 have wired up the factory computer but have no Spark or injection but do have fuel pump prime I think I'm missing some wiring that I need to hook up from the bcm, ie, I'm thinking a ignition or battery positive signal not sure witch wires to hook up ?

Regards
Gareth

mike
Last minute Mike

Re: Range Rover 4.6 with factory computer wiring Help

Postby mike » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:36 am

Had the same on 3.9 and for me it was little black wire on coil plate thingie went to power not earth! Do you have wiring diagram for it?
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Postby Weeds » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks mike I do have a wiring diagram all four coils have power and are wired as per diagram I all so have power for enjection but no negative pulse. One thought was crank trigger sensors all are wired up and trigger wheel ect is all as it was in the ranger rover. Anouther her thought is that it is looking for an input from one of the other factory computers in the rover like a security immobiliser or some thing the factory key can be ruled out as the Range Rover didn't have one when I got it due to some one trying to steel it and smashing the eg ignition and drove it around for a week starting it with plyers.

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:14 am

Im fairly sure those have a BCM they wont run without? Probably not the easiest ECU to get running out of a factory vehicle

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Postby Weeds » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi Turoa in deed it dose have a big BCM that we are not running do you know what signal the BCM sends to the PCM is it a power or hertz signal ? This is the only big herdal we have found with the factory computer so far don't want to throw in the towel and put a link in just yet.

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Sorry can't help you with what it sends as I havnt done any research into it, but it will most likely be a security code (much like many other bcm's including the commodore v6) which wouldn't be hard to replicate, its just trying to find what exactly it does send

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:25 am

Do you have access to a code reader Gareth? Should confirm what the issue is.

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Postby Weeds » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Matt do have access to scan tools will nedd to wire up the plug though witch is a job and a half buy its self this is going to be done pretty much narrowed it down to the security coding from the bcm wanted to try get around this before going through the scan plug hassle incase we carnt beat it. finding a lot of good info on rover.net but not much on how to beat the security I would assume guys that love there rovers arnt big on telling people how to get them going after they steel them. I really like the idea of a factory computer and been able to plug scan tool in after running an old link on my last engine.

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Postby Weeds » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:07 am

Just for any ones future reference I sent my ECU to Lab Electronics in Australia Less was great to deal with $110+post he removed the security from the factory ECU plugged it back in last night fired straight up nice cheap easy way to sort computer if doing a Rover engine swap.

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Good to hear you got it sorted Gareth! Factory ecus are great

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”