85 rangie vogue questions

mike
Last minute Mike

85 rangie vogue questions

Postby mike » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:41 pm

Hi All,

Posting this on behalf so any would be appreciated.

old bloke doing up an 85 rangie vogue, have had a lot of rovers and other 4x4 but want some advice on this one ie; when she is running in neutral there is a slight noise similar to a thrust bearing (worn) this stops when you push the clutch in.
the only other problem is noisy gearbox in 1,2, and slight in 3, goes away in 4th and 5th, this vehicle had been badly neglected by previous owner, the clutch and gearbox operation is excellent.
thanks for your time

Mike

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:52 pm

I've been curious about that noise to :? but mine is ALOT louder, loud enough that you have to raise your voice to be heard over it, but its still going strong apart from a bit of a thirst for oil :wink: and I'm doing over 200k's a day in the old girl....

I'll be parking the old girl up for the swop to the lexus/cruiser motor/box soon (couple of months :roll: ) so if we don't know by then I'll have a poke round inside and see what I can find

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:44 pm

Heres the low down I had a talk to a mechanic mate today "simple its the front input shaft bearing in the gearbox"

Hmmm I might start taking it a bit easyer on the old girl now!!

He also said its like any other bearing it will make a hell of a racket before it dose go... :? he also said as you can imagine, its not one you want to run till failure! :roll:

Hope this helps

Cheers Reece
[/quote]
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Yeah, thats what i was going to say, when you depress the clutch pedal, the drive through to the gear box is cut, which stops it from rotating, and if the noise stops as you say, then its the gearbox bearings.
Especially as the noise is present in 1,2,3, and not in 4,5.
4th is generally a direct drive, and fifth is on a different shaft. Thats Nissan boxes any way :lol:
A thrust bearing is noisey when the clutch pedal is depressed.
Pete.

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:26 am

hi
having owned a pommie corgi carrier with the same problem, its far better to keep the bearing and replace the Rangi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:26 pm

:lol: :lol: what.

& join the lower class lemings in there (insert japanise name) mass produced tin can :wink:

:lol: good to see your still up with the play, I'd been waiting for the dig

Cheers Reece
Cheers Reece
De Ranged Engineering
027 541 8794

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:20 pm

join the lower class lemings

Hi didn't the leamings drive off a cliff?? I would (have been there) try that that in a Japa and live but Im not to sure about a Remuwera tractors (Rangi) capabulities. The corgies will get upset and the cucumber sandwiches will fall out of the wicker picnic basket, spoiling the earl grey :lol: :lol:
good to see your still up with the play, I'd been waiting for the dig

try as I might It just got the better of me I just had to put these young impressional mislead 4wders on the right track 8) 8) :lol:
cheers DJ who else ????

Return to “Range Rover / Land Rover”