LexPOS Build Thread

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Re: LexPOS Build Thread

Postby haynzy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:54 am

cool__bananas wrote:you should be on the rev limiter from the bottom :twisted: thats what i do anyway :lol:

yep thats the one they put the limiters are there for a reason :lol:
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:03 am

Shit Jerry it looks like you better make sure you reserve the spot behind Sig on the Firewood loop next weekend so he can tow you all the way through :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Good to see you've finely engauged 4WD after owning it for 4 months :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

abbo
Hard Yaka

Postby abbo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Shit it sounds good mate . Great to see it in the mud.... :D
Don't have 4wd.

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:33 pm

cool__bananas wrote:you should be on the rev limiter from the bottom :twisted: thats what i do anyway :lol:

na should be in such a high gear that it struggles to get to the rev limiter :wink:

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:51 pm

turoa wrote:

na should be in such a high gear that it struggles to get to the rev limiter :wink:

Agree completely. My father told me 50 years ago on the farm if the tractor wheel spins , change up a gear and use the torque of the motor.

Bulletproof
Never say die, up man and try

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Time for an update I spose :D

Have found another LJ71 body the same shape with a good roof and doors and a fresh wiring loom, so I'm looking at doing a body swop, the only problem is that the new body is a lovely poo brown colour :roll: , but that can be repainted.

Picking this up next weekend hopefully.... helpers welcome...as the donor body needs to be disconnected and unbolted and moved onto a trailer....will put up a post next week advising where and when (beer will be supplied).
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:00 am

why the new body jerry? has grandpa ravaged your current one? :lol:
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

abbo
Hard Yaka

Postby abbo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:35 pm

Jerry wrote:Time for an update I spose :D

Have found another LJ71 body the same shape with a good roof and doors and a fresh wiring loom, so I'm looking at doing a body swop, the only problem is that the new body is a lovely poo brown colour :roll: , but that can be repainted.

Picking this up next weekend hopefully.... helpers welcome...as the donor body needs to be disconnected and unbolted and moved onto a trailer....will put up a post next week advising where and when (beer will be supplied).

Jerry most of the welly crew are going up the line....??????? i think not to sure :? But if it goes ahead i can come out and help bud.. :wink:
abbo :mrgreen:
Don't have 4wd.

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:15 pm

i might try and pospone to the week after...

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Jerry wrote:i might try and pospone to the week after...
we have rallwoods booked that weekend hopefully I can last the whole weekend without drowning or breakin it :lol: :lol:
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

wgtnnewbie
Hard Yaka

Postby wgtnnewbie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:49 pm

haynzy wrote:
we have rallwoods booked that weekend hopefully I can last the whole weekend without drowning or breakin it :lol: :lol:

sure you're not going in to try your hole in the river again.......... :lol: :lol:
truckless and shall remain so till she who wears the pants says otherwise.................lol

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:45 pm

wgtnnewbie wrote:
haynzy wrote:

sure you're not going in to try your hole in the river again.......... :lol: :lol:

bring it on its all sealed up now :twisted:

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Update: picking up the new doner body this sat, plan at this stage is to unbolt it, chuck it on a trailer and drop off to Graeme's workshop in Petone, will probably need a hand unbolting the doner and lifting onto the trailer and taking back off.

Will be another working day/bbq after this to do the bodyswop (leaving the tricky electrical connections etc for graeme to sort out, will look at a day to get this prepped for painting as well. winch needs to come off the pos so it can be stripped and checked also the winch bar needs to be strengthened (sadams one cracked in in the same place).

This sat's task however is to get the doner body, Usual refreshments will be supplied PM Me for the address

madaz068
Hard Yaka

Postby madaz068 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 am

Jerry wrote:Update: picking up the new doner body this sat, plan at this stage is to unbolt it, chuck it on a trailer and drop off to Graeme's workshop in Petone, will probably need a hand unbolting the doner and lifting onto the trailer and taking back off.

Will be another working day/bbq after this to do the bodyswop (leaving the tricky electrical connections etc for graeme to sort out, will look at a day to get this prepped for painting as well. winch needs to come off the pos so it can be stripped and checked also the winch bar needs to be strengthened (sadams one cracked in in the same place).

This sat's task however is to get the doner body, Usual refreshments will be supplied PM Me for the address

Sounds good Jerry. :D

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:47 am

Jerry wrote:Update: picking up the new doner body this sat, plan at this stage is to unbolt it, chuck it on a trailer and drop off to Graeme's workshop in Petone, will probably need a hand unbolting the doner and lifting onto the trailer and taking back off.

Sorry I'm away this weekend and wont be able to give you a hand Jerry :oops:

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:19 pm

New Doner Lexpos Body :D

is straight and has a nice undamaged (and unmelted) loom

Huge Thanks to Reece for helping me with this, and Graeme from Classic Cars for the Trailer loan, and the Shiny truck for towing new parts for its brother :D

Will work out with Graeme the suggested plan to swop this over, and then will advise when the working days on it will be (beer and bbq will be supplied)

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:59 pm

how come your changing bodys jerry?

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:17 pm

doors fked, roof fked, pillars fked, wiring loom fked...

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Jerry wrote:doors fked, roof fked, pillars fked, wiring loom fked...

Its a bush basher jerry :roll: :lol:

Return to “Toyota”