Hilux Surf 1KZ-TE Auto Trans Oil Cooler

bronx89
Hard Yaka

Re: Hilux Surf 1KZ-TE Auto Trans Oil Cooler

Postby bronx89 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Yea precisely what I thought re the sand and heat. Mm yes really wanting someone with an auto to confirm what size auto cooler will suit with in-rad one blanked off both on and off road. Anybody pleeeeease haha. Personally I would have thought my one is too small, but then again the standy in-rad one must also be teeny?

Also if anyone knows anything about this Fault Code 42 please do share.

bronx89
Hard Yaka

Postby bronx89 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Gt everything all sorted by blanking off the in-rad cooler and using a big 8cyl Davies Craig cooler. Also hooked up a switch to force the aux aircon fan on and put in a 71'c thermostat from Toyota. Also running an aftermarket water temp gauge with an aftermarket sensor in the standard sensor position. Get a constant running temp of about 78-80'c now. And no more AT Oil Temp light or fault codes. Puuurfect.

lateral
Winch master

Postby lateral » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Bronx, how it that Davies Craig work out over time? About to do the same.
KZN185 with new rad., head etc.

floatingkiwi
Hard Yaka

Postby floatingkiwi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:14 pm

I'd like to know what sort of oil coolers you guys are using?

Don't forget that in cool climates the In-rad circuit is also used for heating the transmission to op temp quickly. But, hey, how realistic is this? Slippage is probably more heat generating than heating up all the coolant system water anyway.

Matt
1999 KZN185W SSRG TJM T-15 Bar, Tigerz11 2speed winch, 2" EFS sus lift, 265-75R16 Engine guardian. Auberins EGT. LED light strips. weathertech cargo liner. Safari Snorkle SS145HF. Prado rad. Front and rear E-locker.

Sheepy
Hard Yaka

Postby Sheepy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Im using a Manual Alloy Radiator from Fenix Radiators, and the biggest trans oil cooler they have. I have overheating issues on road, and the trans seems a lot cooler now. My leg doesnt get as hot on long drives.

likemagic
Bush Crasher

Postby likemagic » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Sheepy wrote:Im using a Manual Alloy Radiator from Fenix Radiators, and the biggest trans oil cooler they have. I have overheating issues on road, and the trans seems a lot cooler now. My leg doesnt get as hot on long drives.

have you fitted an EGT guage to see if it is a fueling or exhaust issue?

Also if you are putting a load on the engine try and keeping the revs up as that gets more air thru the engine and brings the egt down.
Maurice
KZN185, 1KZTE running needing birthday

Sheepy
Hard Yaka

Postby Sheepy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Oh shit. That should have read I have NO overheating issues on the road.

I can now report I have no overheating issues OFFROAD either. EGT gauge is next on my list after a snorkel.

Return to “Toyota”