cert tag

1jzsurf
Driver/Navigator

cert tag

Postby 1jzsurf » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I have just taken my surf for a warrent any they didnt pass it because the rego number on my cert tag is different. Reason being the previous owner put personalized plates on it then ofcorse changed them when sold does anyone know what about this do I have to go and get a whole new cert sounds like a crock of sh** to me :D

cheers

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Re: cert tag

Postby coxsy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Think it's is , the reg is continuous so cert still belong to your surf
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Pedro
Hard Yaka

Postby Pedro » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:55 pm

1jzsurf wrote:I have just taken my surf for a warrent any they didnt pass it because the rego number on my cert tag is different. Reason being the previous owner put personalized plates on it then ofcorse changed them when sold does anyone know what about this do I have to go and get a whole new cert sounds like a crock of sh** to me :D

cheers

i would thought when they bring the vehicle up on the system it would show all regos that it has had in the pass., certainly does on carjam

Pedro

nizute
Hard Yaka

Postby nizute » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 pm

as long as vin no matches , cant be failed!

nismo26
Hard Yaka

Postby nismo26 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Go to another wof place, vin number will still match up. Or call the lvvta they can issue a new plate without needing a new cert.

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:07 pm

I would go in to the testing station and talk to the manager explain to him that his wof guys a wanker and wasting you time and money with a pitty little matter. lvvta is on your side with this one you have done nothing wrong.

MNC
Hard Yaka

Postby MNC » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:28 pm

You can do a carjam search and show what all the previous plate numbers were. This should be an easy solve as long as it is the same truck...

shortylux
Hard Yaka

Postby shortylux » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Yep, my understanding is that they should be able to see previous plates and it should not be an issue. My opinion is that you WOF guy is lazy or inept. (I have been wrong once before though)

MNC
Hard Yaka

Postby MNC » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Just print out the Carjam report and take it in to him or his boss. Best not to have to pay for another WOF if you dont have to.

tallsam66
Hard Yaka

Postby tallsam66 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 pm

If you get LVVTA to make you a new plate there will be a cost & also a cert guy has to attach it to ya vehicle.

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 pm

tallsam66 wrote:If you get LVVTA to make you a new plate there will be a cost & also a cert guy has to attach it to ya vehicle.

Attaching the tag can be deligated :wink:

tuff lux
Hard Yaka

Postby tuff lux » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 am

Yea take it else where sounds like he didn't want to give it a wof from the start

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm

:lol: Don't be afraid to question warrant testers
I had a VTNZ guy fail a car of mine because I had removed the turbo... I couldn't believe it... the vin tag stated Motor RB20e.... apparently the RB engine is a race development engine and they all come fitted with turbo's
When I started telling him he was an idiot and turbo engines have a "T" tag his mate told him I was right and he buggered off :lol:

slide
Hard Yaka

Postby slide » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:04 pm

1jzsurf wrote: they didnt pass it because the rego number on my cert tag is different.
does anyone know what about this
do I have to go and get a whole new cert sounds like a crock of sh** to me

Wow some of the replies! Some people have got their knickers in a big twist about this!

The wof guy's unfortunately fallen into a trap. This (what he failed you for) was a legitimate fail until recently. Now the rego number on the cert plate can be different, all other details must remain true.
You can get another cert plate made, I think its a $50 cost.
Whenever you fail a wof for a reason that you doubt, your best bet is to remain polite and ask the inspector to show you the relevant section in the VIRM. In this case the inspector would probably found the change, and given you a sticker on the spot (assuming all else passed too).

Just go back, and get them to show you the rules in virm, I'm sure it will all work out well.
Cheers

Return to “Toyota”