Rego

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Rego

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:45 am

On my bj41 i find that my rego cost a lot more then your normal 4wd iv talked to acc and nz transport to try and change it ( its classed as a commercial veichal) But they cant not do any anything And i am struggling to pay for rego with my current job People have told me to dereg my truck then re rego it and a private car. Does any know if i can do this??

Also My truck have a 2b motor in it, Can you put a 3b motor in it with out needing a cert? whats the story

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another option would be to sell, but as some of you may now its not as easy as that lol

Reece :D

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Rego

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 am

Scobby12 wrote:On my bj41 i find that my rego cost a lot more then your normal 4wd iv talked to acc and nz transport to try and change it ( its classed as a commercial veichal) But they cant not do any anything And i am struggling to pay for rego with my current job People have told me to dereg my truck then re rego it and a private car. Does any know if i can do this??

Also My truck have a 2b motor in it, Can you put a 3b motor in it with out needing a cert? whats the story

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another option would be to sell, but as some of you may now its not as easy as that lol

Reece :D

If you deregister the vehicle it will be subject to inspection as if it had just been imported. IT will be more stringent then a normal WOF and will reqiure everything to be in original factory condition. New brakes etc. IF it has been in an accident for example they will not get a new vin .

When you purchased the vehicle the LTNZ would have sent you a heavy wieght A4 size form with the details of you as the registered owner and details of the vehicle. on that form is a section that relates to the use of the motor vehicle you can select what the vehicle will be used for and when you reregister it it should be changed.

You can change engines as long as it is from the same family tree with no nodifications required and doesn't increase the power over the threashold for certification
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Thank you very much! it all makes sence now guess i would have to put up with the rego for now untill i can get it off the road.

As for motors, so if the motor is the same apart from like cc ratings its ok for it to bolt straight in and be legal?

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:14 pm

[/quote]

When you purchased the vehicle the LTNZ would have sent you a heavy wieght A4 size form with the details of you as the registered owner and details of the vehicle. on that form is a section that relates to the use of the motor vehicle you can select what the vehicle will be used for and when you reregister it it should be changed.

[/quote]

Dont think i have been sent that.. as i haven't seen any way to change the vehicles use

slide
Hard Yaka

Postby slide » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Scobby12 wrote:On my bj41 i find that my rego cost a lot more then your normal 4wd

How much are you talking?
Most 4x4 are in the range 400-600 a year
IINM, Diesel under 2500cc are cheaper than those over 2500cc, but Petrol are cheaper again, and Utes are more expensive than SUV type.
I don't know exact prices for each, but its cheapest to buy online, and 12months at a time is cheaper than 2 lots of 6month

tweake
Hard Yaka

Postby tweake » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Scobby12 wrote:As for motors, so if the motor is the same apart from like cc ratings its ok for it to bolt straight in and be legal?

officially it has to be within a certain % of power of the old engine.
however i doubt anyone will ever bother to check and no one really cares when its a low powered diesel.

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:07 pm

slide wrote:
Scobby12 wrote:On my bj41 i find that my rego cost a lot more then your normal 4wd

How much are you talking?
Most 4x4 are in the range 400-600 a year
IINM, Diesel under 2500cc are cheaper than those over 2500cc, but Petrol are cheaper again, and Utes are more expensive than SUV type.
I don't know exact prices for each, but its cheapest to buy online, and 12months at a time is cheaper than 2 lots of 6month

Interesting, i pay a bit over 600 Its 3.2l However my mate has the same truck, but a bj42 with a 3.4l and he pays around 300, and my dad has a prado and he pays the same as my mate. thats why i think its a bit much for me. im aware utes pay a lot too but why is my truck so much when others the same are cheaper?

tweake
Hard Yaka

Postby tweake » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 pm

$600 sounds like its listed as commercial.

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:21 pm

tweake wrote:$600 sounds like its listed as commercial.

Can it be changed at all?

WRNGLR
Hard Yaka

Postby WRNGLR » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:39 pm

I've been through this with my ute, registered my wifes car Mazda Tribute 3.0 ltr v6 petrol for 3 months cost $ 77.00, My ute Toyota Hilux 2.7 ltr 4cyl Petrol 4wd cost $88.88 for 3 months.
I rang NZTA and asked why and whats the difference, my and all utes are classed as light commercial vehicles not private motor vehicle. Was also told that this is being reviewed and by Feb next year should be changed so Utes can be classed as private use.

So hang in there mate not long to go
Yea, though I drive through the valley of death (and it's mudbogs), I shall fear no trail;for tho art modified is my rig, and thy lift kit and lockers they comfort me. Amen

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:08 pm

WRNGLR wrote:I've been through this with my ute, registered my wifes car Mazda Tribute 3.0 ltr v6 petrol for 3 months cost $ 77.00, My ute Toyota Hilux 2.7 ltr 4cyl Petrol 4wd cost $88.88 for 3 months.
I rang NZTA and asked why and whats the difference, my and all utes are classed as light commercial vehicles not private motor vehicle. Was also told that this is being reviewed and by Feb next year should be changed so Utes can be classed as private use.

So hang in there mate not long to go

Would it count with mine? not being a ute? I pay $150 for 3 months :cry:

smurf182
Hard Yaka

Postby smurf182 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:57 pm

I also have the same problem, FJ40 (two seats and a LPG tank in the bank, less load space than your average hatchback) and paying the big money for a 'commercial vehicle'.

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes its kinda sad as by no means they are a commercial vehicles :lol:

nzlux
Hard Yaka

Postby nzlux » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm

THE FINE PRINT
What legislation makes a ute a goods vehicle? A motor vehicle that is constructed for both the carriage of goods and passengers shall be considered primarily for the carriage of goods if the number of seating positions multiplied by 68kg is less than 50 per cent of the difference between the gross vehicle mass and the unladen mass.
SOURCE: Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Standards Compliance 2002.

From http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/ ... or-nothing

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 pm

so in essence you want to by a 7 seater SUV and remove the back seats?

in saying that my TD27eti mistral is regestered as a 7 seater with a 2 ton RUC label and its 109 dollars for 3 months.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:56 pm

I have found you can change your Class of rego, have done a safari and my brother did a fj40, it cannot be a ute as they have there own class which is combined with the commercial and is decided by load carring capiblities, this being said if you have a full cab 4x4 and in the class for ute/commercial approx 600 per year you can change to the 4wd class and rego should change to around 400 per year

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:17 pm

imsohi wrote:I have found you can change your Class of rego, have done a safari and my brother did a fj40, it cannot be a ute as they have there own class which is combined with the commercial and is decided by load carring capiblities, this being said if you have a full cab 4x4 and in the class for ute/commercial approx 600 per year you can change to the 4wd class and rego should change to around 400 per year

Can you tell me how your brother went about it? iv trying ringing acc and nzta with them just telling me to ring one another :evil:

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Both times just went to vtnz and told them that they were regersted in the wrong class and would like to change it. Do your home work before you go in so you know what your talking about and there usually isnt a problem.

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:42 pm

imsohi wrote:Both times just went to vtnz and told them that they were regersted in the wrong class and would like to change it. Do your home work before you go in so you know what your talking about and there usually isnt a problem.

thank you very much!

I will have to pop in during the week

Marco Polo
Hard Yaka

Postby Marco Polo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:40 pm

While on the subject of expensive rego, has anyone found out why the acc levy is so much higher for a diesel car? I haven't figured out how mum's diesel Peugeot 406 was more dangerous than my petrol one...
How hard can it be?

nzlux
Hard Yaka

Postby nzlux » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Marco Polo wrote:While on the subject of expensive rego, has anyone found out why the acc levy is so much higher for a diesel car? I haven't figured out how mum's diesel Peugeot 406 was more dangerous than my petrol one...

It is because there is ACC levy in the price of petrol but not diesel.

Because diesel was historically used in off road application (tractors and heavy machinery) the price of petrol is inflated by ACC and road user costs, diesel is not that is why those of use who use diesel vehicles on the road pay higher registration and road user charges.

In Australia where diesel and petrol are taxed at the same rate diesel is actually more expensive than petrol this is because there is more bang in a litre of diesel than a litre of diesel.

nizute
Hard Yaka

Postby nizute » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:10 pm

and they charge vans and utes the same as big trucks.

http://www.3news.co.nz/ACC-overcharges- ... fault.aspx

Scobby12
Bush Crasher

Postby Scobby12 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice, i went to vtnz today and now my rego has been cut back from +$600 a year to just $400 a year im very happy and no longer need to think about selling my baby :D

The truck was classed as a light goods wagon, "Type 8" and now has been changed to private use Im very happy!

Reece

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:15 pm

No probs good to know we can help

Return to “Toyota”