1kz-te leaking injector pump

Spoonman
Driver/Navigator

1kz-te leaking injector pump

Postby Spoonman » Sat May 17, 2014 11:32 am

Noticed a patch of diesel on the drive yesterday, looked in engine bay and diesel is leaking, more squirting out from the top of the injector pump looks like its from around the engine speed sensors thread..

Im guessing there is a O-Ring inside this plug?

Can you guys recommend a place that when you phone up and ask for seals for these pumps they send you the right stuff first time?

I take it i need to replace the O-Ring and the seal around the top cover?

Can this be done with pump still on engine?

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Re: 1kz-te leaking injector pump

Postby tomsoffroad » Sat May 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Ours kzn130 did the same. I chucked a plain old rubber ring under the loch tab washer :wink: about 30000km ago :mrgreen: 50c O ring and 5mins of my time. I'd even consider replacing the O ring again if it started leaking again :lol:

Spoonman
Driver/Navigator

Postby Spoonman » Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm

tomsoffroad wrote:Ours kzn130 did the same. I chucked a plain old rubber ring under the loch tab washer :wink: about 30000km ago :mrgreen: 50c O ring and 5mins of my time. I'd even consider replacing the O ring again if it started leaking again :lol:

that simple.... might look into that,

Spoonman
Driver/Navigator

Postby Spoonman » Mon May 19, 2014 3:48 pm

and done......... pulled speed sensor lock nut off, undid timing pump cover, sure enough O-Ring had split......... off to the engineering shop, and 1 O-Ring later, no more leak... cheers for your help bud

kooze
Driver/Navigator

Postby kooze » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:59 pm

bit of a dredge but my pumps also leaking from the speed sensor, (hopefully the only place)
Do you undo the 4 allen key bolts then the speed sensor or undo the sensor first ?

being careful as i know how expensive it is to fix and once its stopped leaking its up for sale !

Return to “Toyota”