1kz turbo oil line

phatlaurel
Driver/Navigator

1kz turbo oil line

Postby phatlaurel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:14 am

so im about to attempt this c*** of a job.. do I need to put sealant on the gaskets?

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Re: 1kz turbo oil line

Postby BlakeNZ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:45 am

no. try to source the correct gasket. Sealant can squeeze into places you don't want, and then can block the drain, or deteriorate over time due to the constant heat cycling, end up in your sump.
It's not a huge risk, but why take it?
You can see the oil drain and oil feed gaskets in this link
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 545814.htm
If you still have the factory ones, reuse them if you don't have the time or inclination to buy new. If a gasket is less than ideal, then a very thin spread of gasket goo can be used.(though not always easy to achieve).

phatlaurel
Driver/Navigator

Postby phatlaurel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:17 pm

BlakeNZ wrote:no. try to source the correct gasket. Sealant can squeeze into places you don't want, and then can block the drain, or deteriorate over time due to the constant heat cycling, end up in your sump.
It's not a huge risk, but why take it?
You can see the oil drain and oil feed gaskets in this link
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 545814.htm
If you still have the factory ones, reuse them if you don't have the time or inclination to buy new. If a gasket is less than ideal, then a very thin spread of gasket goo can be used.(though not always easy to achieve).

thanks for that I have purchased new gaskets, copper washers and oil line genuine from Toyota dealership. just wasn't sure if I needed to use sealant on those and forgot to ask while I was there :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oldblue
Hard Yaka

Postby oldblue » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:40 pm

If you are talking about the drain pipe then I brought a 17mm dog leg ring spanner, made the job easier.
"Oldblue" Electric to Manual Hub Conversion's 03 5447586

phatlaurel
Driver/Navigator

Postby phatlaurel » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:04 pm

oldblue wrote:If you are talking about the drain pipe then I brought a 17mm dog leg ring spanner, made the job easier.

that's the one.. ive been trying to find that spanner but didn't know the name of it :lol:

Return to “Toyota”