the "new" 70 series Cruiser.

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

the "new" 70 series Cruiser.

Postby BlakeNZ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Well Toyota are releasing their updated 70 series. You have probably seen the much touted safety improvements advertised. In particular, it required the addition of stability control, to allow it to be sold in NZ under current regulations.
Whilst this addition also means flash stuff like hill start assist, and active traction control , the addition of front and rear diff locks as standard(rather than an option) will draw most of our attention, as well as the snorkel as standard. Stock ground clearance is very impressive at 283mm. I actually like the fact they have added auto locking hubs. Manual locking hubs on a daily driver are a nuisance in my opinion, fine on a club truck or weekend toy.
It seems the power and torque remain the same from the 4.5 litre turbo diesel V8 (151kw/430Nm) but has 10% less fuel consumption (pretty significant improvement, apparently due to better/improved/different injectors.)
If any one wins Powerball and is feeling generous, I'll have a single cab flatdeck thanks :)

Return to “Toyota”