1KZ-TE chip tuning available

peter_Kzj78
Bush Crasher

1KZ-TE chip tuning available

Postby peter_Kzj78 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:49 pm

hi All,

I have recently installed this chip tuning to my KZJ78 alltough it is probably made for the J9 series 1KZ-TE.

see for yourselves
http://www.chip-tuning.at/en/pkw/land-c ... -90-1kz-te

I am quite happy with the result, it has 9 levels, I run it currently on level 5 which shall give the basis data as specified. each level up will give another 2 horses I am told. I did not go there yet, but there will be some smoke then.
I just had my annual inspection and my exhaust gas test was just as flawless as before.
I can´t really claim a reduction in fuel consumption as it´s not a daily driver for me and my usage pattern is not consistent enough.

however, that chip box is around for probably 15 yrs. now that those kind of cars are close to extinction over here he is doing special sale. while i bought mine for 400 including vat it is now down to 300 for a limited time until end of october.
postage ist not too bad, i checked, for up to 5 sets may be like 70 euros.

you guys helped me out a lot on so many issues - I have absolutely no interest in this business. if anybody wants to give it a try I´d be glad to help but I´m sure the shop will be open to your direct approach.
please note, we are AUSTRIA not AUSTRALIA :-)

hope I didn´t break a rule here, it´s not a commercial anyways just trying to help.

cheers
peter

sirLachlan
Hard Yaka

Re: 1KZ-TE chip tuning available

Postby sirLachlan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 am

So what did you actually receive ? A plug in box ? Or a chip you had to install in the ecu ? Or a resistor to wire to a sensor ?

peter_Kzj78
Bush Crasher

Re: 1KZ-TE chip tuning available

Postby peter_Kzj78 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:30 am

I received a small box which needs to be wired to the ECU, cut into the wiring there.
the instruction is german language but the pics speak for themselves I guess?
Attachments
denso box.jpg

Return to “Toyota”