3L throttle stuck open?

Danger
Driver/Navigator

3L throttle stuck open?

Postby Danger » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi all,

Bit of a curly one. Fired up my LN106 with 3L for the first time in 5 years and its running like the throttle is stuck open.

Fresh diesel and diesel filter, correct amount of oil. Air filter attached. You can manipulate the throttle arm on the injector pump and it does nothing, just revvs straight out like its stuck on full throttle.

Anyone experienced this? I can only think of it being an issue with the injector pump which looks like it runs on black magic.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: 3L throttle stuck open?

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:29 pm

id say the needle valve is stuck open
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

tweake
Hard Yaka

Re: 3L throttle stuck open?

Postby tweake » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Danger wrote:Hi all,

Bit of a curly one. Fired up my LN106 with 3L for the first time in 5 years and its running like the throttle is stuck open.

Fresh diesel and diesel filter, correct amount of oil. Air filter attached. You can manipulate the throttle arm on the injector pump and it does nothing, just revvs straight out like its stuck on full throttle.

Anyone experienced this? I can only think of it being an issue with the injector pump which looks like it runs on black magic.

any luck with it?
possibly regulator stuck especially if fuel drained out of pump while it was sitting.
i assume its turning off so its not running on engine oil.

Return to “Toyota”