Hilux surf (vzn130) proportioning valve question

Epic
Driver/Navigator

Hilux surf (vzn130) proportioning valve question

Postby Epic » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am

Hey guys I was giving the underside a clean after a recent trip and noticed this:
20180919_110653.jpg

Is the rod that goes to the proportioning valve supposed to be that bent? Or is that damaged. Looks like something has come up and hit it but I dont remember what it looked like before if anyone has a photo of their under carriage thatd be great.

Either way the valve leaks and needs replacing/fixing (if anyone knows where to find one. Would prefer new but will go secondhand if I have to.) But I'm curious to hear from other 130 owners to see if there rod is straight... the rod in the image above.
91 GQ Safari - Short Wheel Base, Long Wishlist.

tweake
Hard Yaka

Re: Hilux surf (vzn130) proportioning valve question

Postby tweake » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:41 pm

the rod looks about right. they are meant to be curved.
btw your surf looks like its lifted but no packer on the bracket. typically if you do a 2" lift, raise the mount the arm is on by 2". so it keeps the valve in the stock position.

Epic
Driver/Navigator

Re: Hilux surf (vzn130) proportioning valve question

Postby Epic » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Thanks tweake I didn't think of that. It was lifted before I bought it and I didn't notice that. Good spotting I'll have to check everything else too like front diff drop etc. Looks like all they had done was put springs in and wind the torsion bars so might have some work to do there!
91 GQ Safari - Short Wheel Base, Long Wishlist.

Return to “Toyota”