can someone tell me whats wrong

amateur
Driver/Navigator

can someone tell me whats wrong

Postby amateur » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:01 pm

hey i just looked at the radiator and theres quite a few very fine bubbles coming out. I take it that this aint good but what could it be? i was thinking that it could be either blown head gasket or a cracked head?? could some1 please help diagnose the problem.

Thanks,

Luke

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Re: can someone tell me whats wrong

Postby haynzy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 pm

blown gastket dude :(
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

amateur
Driver/Navigator

Postby amateur » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 pm

thats what i was thinking but its not leaking any water and thought if it was the head gasket that there would be alil bit of water coming out. or am i wrong?

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:29 pm

the bubbles are exhaust gasses escaping through the water galleries, Take it to a garage they can do a test using a special fluid that detects even the smallest amount of exhaust gas in the radiator. Its called a tee kay head check
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

amateur
Driver/Navigator

Postby amateur » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 pm

yea Im going to take it in tomorrow there goes my mud tyres fund :(

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Dont panic. I got the head planned and checked, a new water pump, cam belt and follower and tensioner, new head gasket, thermostat new intake and exhaust gaskets and a few other odd jobs and it cost me just on a grand for my Courier 2.2 petrol.

If you have someone who can help you pull it apart and reassemble maybe you can save a few $$$, mine would've been about $500 if I hadn't had the extra stuff done.

Where are you (your profile doesnt say - put it in) maybe someone close by would be able to help. Put on some beer and a BBQ/pizza and you never know, it may only cost you the gasket kit and food etc.

Heath

amateur
Driver/Navigator

Postby amateur » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:09 am

i live in tauranga but i should be sweet to do it myself i was just hoping that the heads not cracked and i have already had the head planned so i dont know if ill be able to do it again so i might be having to get a new head :(

redzuki
Hard Yaka

Postby redzuki » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:56 am

Ive got a 413 head sitting in the garage , so if you find you do need one just send me a pm

Return to “Suzuki”