4age black top engine adaptor plate for 1600 vitara auto

Chairmen
Hard Yaka

4age black top engine adaptor plate for 1600 vitara auto

Postby Chairmen » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi Guy's i have just bought a 16v vitara for a beach buggy project to be towed behind on a A-frame.

Unfortunatly the radiator hose split whilset out playing in the soft sand, we did not pick up on the problem untill it was too late.

So instead of a engine rebuilding the G16a an turboing it we want to drop a 4age in..

My mechanic mate an i are wanting to do a engine conversion, to a Black Top 20v Toyota 4age for extra RELIABLE power..

I was wondering if anyone know's of a company that make ADDAPTOR PLATE for this engine too mate to the 1600 auto trans ??

Cheers any help would be greatly appricated..

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: 4age black top engine adaptor plate for 1600 vitara auto

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Don't mean to rain on your idea, but it'd probably be cheaper to stick a SR20 and 4wd wingroad box in it then get a 4age to bolt up to a vitara box.

And yes... I do mean mounting it east west like it is in the wing road and just getting the inner axles cut and swapped over.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Chairmen
Hard Yaka

Postby Chairmen » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:Don't mean to rain on your idea, but it'd probably be cheaper to stick a SR20 and 4wd wingroad box in it then get a 4age to bolt up to a vitara box.

And yes... I do mean mounting it east west like it is in the wing road and just getting the inner axles cut and swapped over.

Cheers for your input.. SR20 was the second option :)

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Do you interweb searching , the two have similar auto's . Good luck finding a toyota one but you never know . You may be able to match them up ...
Never looked at it seriously thou .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_transmission

Chris

oneinkedgeek
Hard Yaka

Postby oneinkedgeek » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:54 am

I remember blasting around in a samurai which had the 4age motor in it, it went tits out up top but struggled down low as it didnt have the torque the suzi motors had. The guy who owned it ended up pulling it out and replacing it with a turbo deisel and was much happier.

I remember seeing two guys on private land have a drag a while back (nothing too fast, just enough to see how they stacked up against each other)...., the silver truck was a 1600cc Grand Vitara, the other truck was a Blue 2.0L V6 Vitara H20.... the GV tore strips off the V6 from a stand still, the guy in the V6 was left struggling to see out of his window because of all the mud and sand the little 1600cc truck rooster tailed onto his screen..... Eventually the V6 caught up but by that stage the damage to pride and self respect had already occured. Infact the owner of the V6 has not long ago purchased a 1600cc Vitara.

Chairmen
Hard Yaka

Postby Chairmen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 am

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Chairmen on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chairmen
Hard Yaka

Postby Chairmen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:20 am

Rotazuk wrote:Do you interweb searching , the two have similar auto's . Good luck finding a toyota one but you never know . You may be able to match them up ...
Never looked at it seriously thou .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_transmission

Chris

Cheers Chris
Iv'e done a Crap load of research an latly an found that it would have too be a custom adaptor plate (too pricey) plus the vitara trans (AW4) needs the suzuki ecu to lock TQ an change gears, there is a stand alone board availble to run the trans with out the ecu but once again one could imagen the price involved not too mention the effort lol

Return to “Suzuki”