zuk Build

ZukiNZ

zuk Build

Postby ZukiNZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Hey Guys,

I purchased my 410 from ZUKmeister on this forum a few years ago and have slowly developed it into my 3rd child.......

To start, it was get it wheeling with the original 410 engine and put it back together. A small shackle lift and a set of worn 31's. went most places and was a barrel of fun. this was where the addiction started......

It then had a radical body reduction of the bulk of the cab and back tray and was fitted with an exo cage, spring lift and a few other little bit and pieces.
I carried on wheeling that for a little while while making small trail improvements to the truck before the lack of power started to become an issue.
After hours of googling, forum scrawling and trademe spying i decided i would head down the front wheel drive engined buggy route so i purchased a mazda 121 1300cc (75Hp) with centrepoint injection and began to graft it into the truck giving me some excessively low trail gear in the low range box (around 125:1 on 31's) and a better high box range for trail only (top speed of around 60 clicks). This install then came with a few extra modifications which would be needed.
Due to the front wheel drives front diff housing hanging down lower then the sump, i need to spring over convert the truck to gain satisfactory clearance from the front universal at certain angles of articulation.

So then came the spring over saga, extended brake lines, new sping perches, longer travel shocks and turrets, high steer kit, driveline spacers etc. To achieve this I managed to find some cheap (trailer queen friendly) alternatives. The shocks in the front - BMW E30 rear struts with 9" of travel and ford F150 front strut mounts (around 400mm high) and for het high steer kit, a mercedes mid 80's 380 SE RH steering arm (which needed a slight elongation of the mounting holes) and bolted it to the mounting bolts of the LH brake caliper followed buy a new drag link.

While the truck was parked in the shed my mind got carried away and started radically modifying the truck to the point i had to knock myself back to my original budget and theory of buying a zuk. Must be cheap, must be reliable and must be fun. so a cheap set of panel steel rear bob tail guards on my folder resulted in the truck starting look a little more gnarly, a set of 32" swampers to up my ratios from the 31's and ground clearance. rear radiator setup and new spare tyre mount, power steering etc.

On my first few trips out with the new motor I found a few issue's with the spring over conversion which needed to be cured and other things with the new found "power". These were a ripped and banana'd transfer case mount and bracket and lack of up-travel in the rear with the longer travel shocks mounting at factory spring heights and a set of tyres that no matter how much air i let out,w ould not bag down and give me decent traction.

So then came the next development of the build. New tyres (cheap soft as jelly 32/11.5/15's comforsser tyres), a fabrication of a beadlock kit with the lazer cutter to run softer pressures, coiled front end, the starting of a rear disc and fiddle brake setup, more storage, snorkel (still under construction) and a few extra bars to fend me off pending tree's. a front diff rebuild and some axle Armour and strengthening.

Luckily, I have managed to keep my build under massive budget and have not quite tipped the 4.5k scales, it's the most fun you can have with ya pants on and it's surprisingly reliable being a rough as guts hybrid......

Next up. rear coil's and more bits n pieces. possibly a turbo.....

Cheers
Attachments
IMG_8114.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

You Get That
Hard Yaka

Re: zuk Build

Postby You Get That » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:06 pm

bloddy sweet build man any pics of the engine with the fwd box?
Addicted to suzukis....

Return to “Suzuki”