Fan into Radiator

Kizuki
Winch master

Fan into Radiator

Postby Kizuki » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:18 pm

Opps: Deep mud crossing has claimed my radiator, Is this a common occurrence in Suzuki Samurais? , (I know some Nissan's are known for it) More importantly where can I pick up a new/replacement fan for a sensible price? The radiator may be salvageable but in the event that its not, what suggestions for a replacement / upgrade. Is anyone running an electric fan instead of the OEM fan to avoid this happening? Any comments and advice welcomed.

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Re: Fan into Radiator

Postby zukmeista » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:59 am

Yes not uncommon when playing in deep water. I should have spare fan will have to have a look. I tried an electric fan on mine but never managed to get it set up so it would move as much air as the factory fan. If I was you I would fit the viscous fan off a escudo/vitara they bolt straight on, will cool it better than the standard fan and the viscous coupling will let the fan stop in deep water.

Kizuki
Winch master

Postby Kizuki » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll look for a viscous fan as suggested. I have a diesel escudo with a dead motor to raid parts off, I'll try that one. If no good does any one else have one for sale. prefer in Waikato area?

Mudde1
Hard Yaka

Postby Mudde1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:29 pm

I have had a couple of 413 where i have removed the fan and replaced the radiator with a mitzi mirage unit, complete with fan and heat sensors in the bottom of the radiator. fitted in easily and worked like magic. Pleanty of cooling and as soon as the bottom of the radiator hit the water the fan turned off.
Tony.

Kizuki
Winch master

Postby Kizuki » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks, that's great info. What year Mirage did you scavenge the radiator off. My radiator is temporarily salvageable but is not healthy. I'm up for a replacement.

Mudde1
Hard Yaka

Postby Mudde1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Kizuki wrote:Thanks, that's great info. What year Mirage did you scavenge the radiator off. My radiator is temporarily salvageable but is not healthy. I'm up for a replacement.

Cant remember exactly, it was a while ago. But if my memory serves me correctly most small mitzi from early 90s had the same setup with sensor in bottom of radiator which made wiring in the elect fans very easy
Tony.

Return to “Suzuki”