Diesel engine options for a 2011 vitara

Yacob
Driver/Navigator

Diesel engine options for a 2011 vitara

Postby Yacob » Sun May 01, 2016 12:13 am

Ok so i have a 2011 suzuki vitara with a J24a engine.
Its been over heated and suspected cracked head.
The car is a gas guzzeler and i would like to convert it to diesel.
I understand they came out with diesels from factory with what i think where renault or something similar.

Anyone had any experience with this model ?
Will any other bellhousing bolt up ?
Would love a 2.8 isuzu anr TD27 in there

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Re: Diesel engine options for a 2011 vitara

Postby Rotazuk » Sun May 01, 2016 9:04 am

No expert on the gv's but this is my opinion .
The model you have did have the renault 1.9 diesel but only in a manual . From all accounts it was not the best engine they had and not very powerful . I have been unable to find an automatic box that would bolt up to it , I want a diesel auto . So looked into all the boxes and came up empty .
The early gv autos were a versoin of the AW4 which is resonably common and in a few toyotas and jeeps etc . I expect with reasonable differences but maybe interchangeable . I suspect the later gv are a Aw5 box but not confirmed this .
The issue you will have in swapping out the engine for a different one will be the canbus and the info that is shared all around . My idea of swapping a manual for an auto was ok as it looks like no info from the manual was shared on the canbus etc.
Off the top of my head I would say it would be cheaper to fix the 2.4 or replace it with another 2.4 and sell it and then find a diesel . However if you do persue it I would be interested to hear what you find out about it , I would like to do something similar and end up with a reasonable diesel and auto in a gen 3 GV .

Cheers
Chris

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Sun May 01, 2016 12:03 pm

If you can get a TD42 into that Navara of yours you should be able to get one into that Zook as well mate :D

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Sun May 01, 2016 12:43 pm

derk wrote:If you can get a TD42 into that Navara of yours you should be able to get one into that Zook as well mate :D

With Hilux diffs?
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

Yacob
Driver/Navigator

Postby Yacob » Sun May 01, 2016 5:17 pm

derk wrote:If you can get a TD42 into that Navara of yours you should be able to get one into that Zook as well mate :D

That would be interesting.
But just not practicall in such a refinned vehicle.

Return to “Suzuki”