g16 16v loom questions

Kiamad
Winch master

g16 16v loom questions

Postby Kiamad » Sun May 15, 2016 2:36 pm

theres backstory to this, but I wont list it all here. basically, im fixing up and bundling a g16B 16V loom(and the g16 ecu) for a fella, and in the process, I have discovered that the loom appears to be a mashup of the TBI and MPFI looms, without seeming to fit either(on the diagrams im using anyway). for example, its undoubtly a G16 loom, BUT it has neither the yellow return wire off the injector of the TBI model, nor the wht/grn and wht/black to the injectors(#3 and #4 respectively) of the MPFI model. any ideas?
PS apologies, I don't have any links to my schematics, ive had them for a while and had to dig them up so I don't know where I found them

Kiamad
Winch master

Re: g16 16v loom questions

Postby Kiamad » Sun May 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Edit: connector A Matches with the mpfi wiring, but connector B only partially matches mpfi wiring

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Sun May 15, 2016 6:45 pm

You could have a g16a loom and ecu . There are differences between g16a and g16b , without digging out the diagrams thou I cant be sure .
If I get enthusiastic I will turn on the laptop and see if I can match the wires you talk about .

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by Rotazuk on Sun May 15, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Sun May 15, 2016 7:22 pm

So I got off my ass and looked , the two wires to the injector you talk about are not on the g16a loom , g16a batch fires the injectors in pairs , g16b has 4 injector feed wires . Did not bother looking up the TBI wire you are talking about .
Google yourself a g16a Manual and you should be right . I would attach it but the site does not allow pdf files , I tryied renaming it to abc but that did not work either .

Cheers
Chris

Kiamad
Winch master

Postby Kiamad » Sun May 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Hey man, thanks for that :-) do you have a link?

Cheers, Desmond

Kiamad
Winch master

Postby Kiamad » Mon May 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Update:
Pic of ECU

Engines g16b mpfi, with the 4 injectors and 16b wiring. Loom appears to be missing a plug AND the injector wiring, although the guy was told that the loom and ecu went with the engine. Ideas? Advice? Links?

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Tue May 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Take a pic of the top of the engine so I can see if its an a or b . Look at the block and see if it is a g16a or g16b . G16a can be 8v carbed , tbi or multi point injection . Another way to tell is b has a sensor down on the front pulley for timing I believe , never rewired a b so not striped one first hand .

Bet you a pound of goat shit you have a g16a multi point efi engine and matching wiring and ecu .

Have you googled "g16a wiring diagram" yet . Its the third picture that comes up . The doc has both the a and b ao you can see the differences . If you really cant find it pm me an email and I will send you a copy .

Chris

Kiamad
Winch master

Postby Kiamad » Tue May 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi chris
You bet me to it. I was about to let you know i have it sorted. Heres the rundown, as i understand it:
The engine is a g16a 16v mpfi. Now, there are two models of ecu, a Denso ecu and a Mitsibishi ecu. Biggest difference is that the mitsibishi ecu has an individual pin-out for each injector, where as the Denso, as you pointed out, batch-fires them in pairs. The USA never received the Denso ecu, hence all their diagrams list the ecu as having an individual output for each injector. Which leads me to the second issue, which i can sort with a custom adapter. The engine is wired for a mitsibishi ecu. Simple as that. That was the biggest confusing factor

Cheers, Desmond

Ps i can send you a link to the denso manual if you like, it lists the diagrams etc. Pm me

Return to “Suzuki”