jimny power steer into sj413

You Get That
Hard Yaka

jimny power steer into sj413

Postby You Get That » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:04 pm

Hey guys who here has put a jimny power steer box into a 413? I've done it to mine and it bolts in and have got the lines plumbed up as I have a 1600cc. but am having trouble with the steering shaft, the 413 one is too long and I also got the collapseable jimny one that came with the p/s box but it is too short.
what are people useing or are they getting there 413 ones shortened ect.

cheers
Addicted to suzukis....

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Re: jimny power steer into sj413

Postby Swamped » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:22 pm

I think the later model samurai shafts were collapsible where the 413 ones I have seen were just solid. I remember reading a build thread on modding a Samurai shaft a little allowing it to collapse down enough to fit then just being left as is. I have always ended up cutting and welding the 413 shafts. They were usually poorly assembled anyway :roll:

Heres a quote from the difflock forum but I have seen other builds where they were just left as is after shortening.

the steering shaft from the bulk head to the box needs to be shortened a bit.where the thinner part of the shaft goes into the bigger bit,heat it up with oxy acetyline. There is a nylon pin going through the 2 shafts that needs to be melted.this acts as a collapsable shaft incase of front end collision.when you have melted the said nylon pin and the shaft can be knocked inside the other find your required length and spot weld it for security.not too much otherwise it wont collapse if you have a heavy front ender!

You Get That
Hard Yaka

Postby You Get That » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:45 pm

jimny shaft is too short and is a different kind of collapseable, must need to find a samurai one or mabey vitara
Addicted to suzukis....

dean zuk
Hard Yaka

Postby dean zuk » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:12 pm

I took my standard sj413 steering shaft to an engineer and got the splines cut further down the shaft then cut the end off to the right length (cant remember exactly how much i took off)

Return to “Suzuki”