Removing a windscreen SJ

Tarmac
Hard Yaka

Removing a windscreen SJ

Postby Tarmac » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:33 pm

This may be common knowledge but it took till I cracked mine for the penny to drop.

Trim panel levers? Those plastic forked devices for popping out clips on your door cards etc, great at that but also for tweaking windscreen rubber back under the steel lip for a starting point.

Then working your away along twisting as you go trailing fork underneath the metal lip leading one above the rubber working it out.

Hope this saves someone some glass.
'Drift Spec'... The new "Half Assed"

Kampfer
Bush Crasher

Re: Removing a windscreen SJ

Postby Kampfer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Damn that would of been useful a couple of months ago. was Trying to get a wind sreen out of a fj45 wreak for my project but ended up cracking it. I was using my usual trick for getting glass out of running 2 screwdrivers around the edge to flip the rubber around. Works great on the side windows but apparently the windscreen was to fragile for that.

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Postby catalystracing » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 am

Removed a few by "cutting " through with a large sized steel guitar string. Poke a hole through the goo and have a mate on one end and you on the other. With a bit of coordinated se-sawing action you can work your way around, not broken a screen yet. :D

mudde1taketwo
Driver/Navigator

Postby mudde1taketwo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 pm

most people remove the windscreen in an SJ by rolling it on its roof, then it fall out of its own accord. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Suzuki”