dash warning lights

dvkpajero
Winch master

dash warning lights

Postby dvkpajero » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi i have recently got a 93 lwb 2.8td had flat batterys when i brought it but after a good drive it ran sweet all week, then after having a play friday night with the spotties light etc woke up to flat battery's yesterday thats fine jump started it and headed off. After about 20mins driving my battery and water in fuel filter warning light came on keep driving for another 5mins and all the dash cut out still drove fine i swapped out the older battery for a spare old one i had fired up perfectly and drove off 30mins later same problem.
Ended up buying a new battery yesterday so 1 brand new and one newish and has run fine since but the battery and water in fuel lights still come on and off at random sometimes dim others bright.

Anyone had this before? thinking the alt has died and not charging but seems sweet apart from the warning lights only the 2 light are coming on

Thanks
Brian

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: dash warning lights

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:13 pm

regulator in alternator is fooked.

happens to all us boys who go bush every weekend and get everything caked in mud, then it dries and stops working.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

dvkpajero
Winch master

Postby dvkpajero » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:27 pm

sweet cheers for the reply just been thru the stack of receipts that came with it had a second hand alt fitted by autokraft 10/2014 and charging system was checked when the first battery was replaced 3/2015. what would just cause it to die over night tho? just working to hard trying to charge both batts?

any idea on cost on replacing the regulator or is it a full reco/ new replacment job?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:04 pm

That's a question only your local auto sparky can answer really, depends on how bad it is or what has caused it to fail.
May be as common as our issues where it is just mud stopping the brushes etc from doing there job or could have a fried rectifier, who knows.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Return to “Mitsubishi”