Getting 31's" on a newer Delica

diver9888
Driver/Navigator

Getting 31's" on a newer Delica

Postby diver9888 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 pm

FYI, if any of you have a 2000's higher spec Delica, here's what you need to do to get 31's" on it. 30" fit with no mods. I needed to cut an inch off the front spoiler, then take off the mud flaps and another inch off the guard. Fortunately the cuts can be covered by the mud flaps and extra airdam if ever sold. I needed to give the inner guard joins a healthy tickle with my mallet as well. There's still a bit of rubbing but the laws of physics should take care of that over time. Realistically, if you have new 31's" you will need to wind the torsion bars up an inch or so which I will probably do anyway. I now have 225 at the rear diff and 240 up front. It looks a bit rough but if the seals start laughing I will tidy it up a bit.
Ii you want a pic email diver9888@gmail.com

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Re: Getting 31's" on a newer Delica

Postby lax2wlg » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:49 am

diver9888 wrote:FYI, if any of you have a 2000's higher spec Delica, here's what you need to do to get 31's" on it. 30" fit with no mods. I needed to cut an inch off the front spoiler, then take off the mud flaps and another inch off the guard. Fortunately the cuts can be covered by the mud flaps and extra airdam if ever sold. I needed to give the inner guard joins a healthy tickle with my mallet as well. There's still a bit of rubbing but the laws of physics should take care of that over time. Realistically, if you have new 31's" you will need to wind the torsion bars up an inch or so which I will probably do anyway. I now have 225 at the rear diff and 240 up front. It looks a bit rough but if the seals start laughing I will tidy it up a bit.
Ii you want a pic email diver9888@gmail.com

Cool.
At full extension travel you probably have 300mm + at the front which is f**ng high, relatively speaking.
TOYOTA - The Official Vehicle of ISIS!
And makers of the '92 Camry, where you got your first backseat handjob.

Return to “Mitsubishi”