Mk triton

dvkmunta1kzsurf
Driver/Navigator

Mk triton

Postby dvkmunta1kzsurf » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:34 am

Hi. After some info on a mk tritons 1998 model 4m40 non turbo. Any one fitted a turbo to the non turbo motor. What's involed in doing this. Was thinking of running 10psi of boost so nothing crazy to start with. Latter mod the injector pump , water to air intercooler etc etc.
What's the 4wd system like??? Would a 2.8 factory pajero locking diff head fit in the rear. Front diff locking options????
Anyone giving the idea of fitting the coil spring rear set up out of a gen 2 pajero in the rear and do away with the leaf springs
Any info would be awesome don't see many modified cheers

dvk-kp
Hard Yaka

Re: Mk triton

Postby dvk-kp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:13 am

Anyone? Someone must have turboed a 4m40.

Are the front diff/suspension set up the same as a Pajero? Looks very similar.

Cheers

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:31 am

dvk-kp wrote:Anyone? Someone must have turboed a 4m40.

Yea Mitsi did :lol:

Cheers

Similar but don't know what is interchangeable, mk's didn't have super select so Paj front end different but that's not to say it won't bolt in.

If you are gong to the effort of putting coils in the back end there are better setups you could use in my opinion. A 2.8 Paj diff will not fit your triton, a 2.5 Paj diff should. Just check ratios.
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

dvk-kp
Hard Yaka

Postby dvk-kp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:50 am

NJV6 wrote: Yea Mitsi did :lol:

Haha but is stuff like the oil drain/feed present on the non turbo engine? Any other issues just bolting on a factory turbo set up?

Cheers

NJV6 wrote:Similar but don't know what is interchangeable, mk's didn't have super select so Paj front end different but that's not to say it won't bolt in.

If you are gong to the effort of putting coils in the back end there are better setups you could use in my opinion. A 2.8 Paj diff will not fit your triton, a 2.5 Paj diff should. Just check ratios.

Oh yep that makes sense, so they run the smaller rear diff ( 9" as opposed to 9.5"??). Same size as the 2.5 diesel and 3 litre v6?

What about the front? Are they 25 spline like the 2.5 Pajero or got the bigger one like everything else?

The idea of the Pajero coil setup was to keep it in the family, and just cut the chassis off behind the cab and weld on a Pajero rear end which we have got already (3.5 parts truck). Triton is a flat deck so just make mounts for that.

dvkmunta1kzsurf
Driver/Navigator

Postby dvkmunta1kzsurf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Cool cheers for the reply njv6. Seems the Pajero I've have is a better set up from factory and mods Ive done to mine makes a good set up. Triton was going to be in a deal for a swap for my Pajero but guy backed out. Cheers

Return to “Mitsubishi”