TD42 oil gallery ports and sump

Moderator: Mark

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

TD42 oil gallery ports and sump

Postby tuckertrucker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Gidday all

Im putting in an oil pressure sender and an oil temp sender... have a couple of questions - where are a few good and unused oil ports on the block. Need one for the pressure sender. Thought of using the port where the factory sender is, I just don't want the dummy light on the dash coming as a result. Also where is another good location for the oil temp sender? Was thinking in the sump but would prefer a port so I can avoid cutting the sump some more.

TIA

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Re: TD42 oil gallery ports and sump

Postby BlakeNZ » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:46 pm

have you considered teeing the aftermarket oil pressure sender into the existing factory port?
ie unscrew factory one, wind in a tee with a thread for the aftermarket sender out the side, then screw the factory sender in to the external end of the tee.

mudtroll
Hard Yaka

Postby mudtroll » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:23 am

There's a port on passenger side between the engine mount, usually used for an oil feed to a aftermarket turbo. I've got a couple of motors sitting around & will have a look if I find anymore I'll let you know.

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

Postby tuckertrucker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 am

cheers!

yea im thinking of going the tee way now, and yea i knew about the passenger side one - its feeding my turbo. But if you could have a look anyway thatd be great!

Any ideas on the oil temp sender? Or just bung it into the sump?

mudtroll
Hard Yaka

Postby mudtroll » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 am

There's actually quite a few, if I knew how to post a photo I would. One below the oil filter housing, 2 behind the injector pump & 2 more behind the alternator bracket. I've unscrewed the oil filter one, definitely oil haven't done the others but look like oil feed.

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

Postby tuckertrucker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:16 pm

yea id post a photo too cause theres a few Im thinking might be one. I might crack one and crank it over and see what comes out....

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

Postby tuckertrucker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Asking anyone who happens to read an old thread.....

I'm going to replace the old oil px gauge with a new sender/ gauge. Just wondering if oil would purge a t-fitting of air. My thinking is that I might thread the t-piece into the side of the engine, the oil pressure send into one end of it, and a temp probe in the remaining end. Would the oil actually purge the air out, and if so, would it circulate enough to give a useful temp reading.

side note... I also wonder if it would be useful at all to have a gearbox oil temp? I managed to get this oil temp gauge for nothing and am unsure whether to use it for engine or trans.

Ideas boys, give me ideas

Return to “Nissan”